This Scares Me

The Troll

All it took to pry away Atlanta's 15th overall pick was John Abraham, a late third rounder, and fourth rounder next year. The Jets easily could have just tossed in their 3rd rounder and got the Falcons to surrender 15th overall.

The part that worries me is that perhaps the Jets are planning on trading #4, 29, and the second rounder in order to move up and take lefty Pennington. Maybe they were adamant in keeping their 3rd rounder because they know it will be their second pick in the draft.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. I would be shocked if Mannenbaum was this ****ing stupid.

At first I thought it was a 3rd and 4th this year or maybe 2nd and 3rd this year but now that the facts have come out I think what you are saying is correct. I however would not be against getting Leinart. He will be a great pro QB imo.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. I would be shocked if Mannenbaum was this ****ing stupid.

Troll take a deep breath and realize that Herm and Bradway no longer run the Jets! If Tangini doesn't do a turn around equal to Tuna turning around the the 1-15 Jets to 9-7 I'll send you one of my 16 year old girlfriends for a week to use as you please!! Their twins so what the hell!!;)

smokescreen the quaterback chosen will be Vince Young he is coveted by the Jets watch and see.The hype the hysteria its all there.

How is it a smokescreen? The team hasn't said anything.

And the Jets do not covet Vince Young. Only 15-year olds, Dennis Green, and ESPN analysts do.

the smokecreen is have you heard the Jets talk about Young??????????

he is the choice watch and see the draft is in the afternoon you should be allowed to watch it

Okay, then why don't you put your sig/avatar where your mouth is?

If the Jets draft Vince Young, you have control of my sig and avatar until training camp. If they don't, I have control of yours.

Deal?

Its possible. And if the Jets want a QB, they better seize the moment and take one while the iron is still hot. There's no guarantee we will suck enough next year to have a shot at Quinn/best QBs in 07 drafts.

We could trade #4 and our 2nd and 3rds to move up 2 spots, and we'd still have #29. Who knows, not saying I am in favor of it, but I like Leinart alot.

Atlanta had dug their heels in as much as the Jets did. There wasn;t any way out, until Denver stepped in. This way, Atlanta looks like they didn't cave, the Jets look like they didn't, and Denver gets the sweetheart deal.

I've been saying for a few days now.... something creative had to happen here, and it did..... yes, much of this eventual outcome was inside NFL politics. The newbies, trying to establish themselves, and Atlanta, not about to be shown up by the new kids on the block. Don't underestimate this part of what happened here.

Both sides can claim a win. That was the ONLY way to get it done.

Okay, then why don't you put your sig/avatar where your mouth is?

If the Jets draft Vince Young, you have control of my sig and avatar until training camp. If they don't, I have control of yours.

Deal?

no deal im not a gambler if i was id be broke and homeless from gambling on the Jets 29th for Abe? NO WAY

I agree with Barton here, I would not be all for it but I like Leinart and would not complain.

Thing is we have 20 million in cap room now to patch together whatever we want. I also heard we have 50 million in cap room next year as of right now. If we can patch the OL together with some vets and late round picks Leinart makes sense at this point in the rebuilding process. Plus he fits the Mangini mold perfectly. From all I read he is a hard worker, a film room junkie and a model citizen. Forget about the weak arm stuff - it is not true.

All it took to pry away Atlanta's 15th overall pick was John Abraham, a late third rounder, and fourth rounder next year. The Jets easily could have just tossed in their 3rd rounder and got the Falcons to surrender 15th overall.

The part that worries me is that perhaps the Jets are planning on trading #4, 29, and the second rounder in order to move up and take lefty Pennington. Maybe they were adamant in keeping their 3rd rounder because they know it will be their second pick in the draft.

You're not paranoid. I'm worried about the same thing after that Randy Lange article.

Archived