3 Touchdowns

choon328

3 hours ago, heymangold said:

It was 16-3 in the 3rd quarter with the jets driving and on what, the 15 yd line?  Competent QB play this is another W.  The defense bent but didn’t break all game, keeping them in it.  You’re not going to convince me that NFL teams aren’t going to say “we don’t HAVE to score”.

I don't care

25 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

It was early 4th quarter and drive stooped on a 4th down pass play. Remember it? Joe Montana could not have thrown a better pass. And Corey Davis dropped it as it hit his hands and midsection. One of the worst drops of the season. And that was the ball game.

I do. And I am defending myself from the asinine take that the jaguars could score more if they wanted.  My point was that the jets were in the game with plenty of time left because of their defense.

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I do. And I am defending myself from the asinine take that the jaguars could score more if they wanted.  My point was that the jets were in the game with plenty of time left because of their defense.

you just dont' understand football, its ok, most here don't, when you read the boards its very clear

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

you just dont' understand football, its ok, most here don't, when you read the boards its very clear

Gotcha.  What I’ve gotten is that your thoughts are that the jags said, oh the jets offense isn’t good, we don’t need to score touchdowns.  from what I’ve read, you don’t understand football.  You just seem like troll, wiping the Cheeto dust off your fingers to post stupid things.

14 minutes ago, heymangold said:

JAX controlled the LOS and the game. After the O couldn't punch it in from the 15 after the strip sack,the game was over. From there Jax toyed with this team. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Gotcha.  What I’ve gotten is that your thoughts are that the jags said, oh the jets offense isn’t good, we don’t need to score touchdowns.  from what I’ve read, you don’t understand football.  You just seem like troll, wiping the Cheeto dust off your fingers to post stupid things.

so now you are proving not only do you not understand football, you can't read too well either.  So I am going to try to type really, really slow for you to understand this really, really complicated concept. Since you can't see how slow I am typing (this took 8 minutes to get to this point), please read it really, really slow.

Teams on offense don't take any more risk than they need to take to win a game pretty comfortably, most of the time. The exceptions to that have been the Chiefs and the Patriots (SLOW DOWN YOUR READING TOO FAST AND I WANT YOU TO COMPREHEND!!) 

The more chances an offense takes, the more opportunities they give themselves to score. Most offenses try to score enough to control the game, and that varies based on how the HC feels about the opposing teams ability to score against them. So if a HC doesn't think the opposing team can score much against them, they will minimize the shots they take downfield, and slow down the pace at which they run the offense. (SLOW DOWN AGAIN)))

The Jets offense sucks, and doesn't score a lot, and most teams realize they are not a threat to score. The only 3 points the Jets got last night was because of a turnover. So the Jags, once they had a comfortable lead, realized the only chance for the Jets to realistically score was via turnovers. So rather than taking chances, they moved the ball in a slow controlled manner, and avoided turnovers, and thus limited their scoring chances.

On the contrary, if a team has a high powered offense that can put up 30, an opposing offense needs to take far more chances down field and far more faster pace, so they can outscore the opponent.

This is not rocket science for most people, so hopefully I typed slowly enough for you to understand this time. Oh, and Happy Hollidays!