3 Touchdowns

choon328

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I mean they held them to 1 TD and 4 FGs but OK

Our defensive stats are a bit skewed becasue our offense doesnt score, so opposing teams don't really need to score against us. Our defense is good, but its largely becuase we generate very good pressure without blitzing and have good corners. There is nothing special about our d scheme, like at all.

As much as I disliked Rex, his D scheme in 09 and 10 at least were game changing. Saleh/Ulbrecht are not game changing D guys, they have good personnel

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Our defensive stats are a bit skewed becasue our offense doesnt score, so opposing teams don't really need to score against us. Our defense is good, but its largely becuase we generate very good pressure without blitzing and have good corners. There is nothing special about our d scheme, like at all.

As much as I disliked Rex, his D scheme in 09 and 10 at least were game changing. Saleh/Ulbrecht are not game changing D guys, they have good personnel

In the NFL, teams aren’t not going to try to score. See the Vikings/Colts game just a week ago.

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

did you watch the game last night? 

It was 16-3 in the 3rd quarter with the jets driving and on what, the 15 yd line?  Competent QB play this is another W.  The defense bent but didn’t break all game, keeping them in it.  You’re not going to convince me that NFL teams aren’t going to say “we don’t HAVE to score”.

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

You're right!  They decided not to score.  They said, you know what, they have enough problems.  We are not going to score.

They figured, hey these poor guys on Defense have been on the field most of the game.  Let's take it easy on them.

Or maybe they were smart, it’s cold rainy and windy let’s run the god damn clock and get the hell out of this sh*t hole swamp.  At least that would be my game plan.  Everyone knew the Jets couldn’t score.

10 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Yep, they could have scored pretty much 30 if they needed to, they knew the only way they lose is if they turn the ball over for TD's

i agree. plus the way the vaunted D  bookended the Det game,  getting shoved into to their own goal line leading to punt return and blew the late lead by leaving half the field open for the backup TE play of his career. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hawk said:

You're right!  They decided not to score.  They said, you know what, they have enough problems.  We are not going to score.

They figured, hey these poor guys on Defense have been on the field most of the game.  Let's take it easy on them.

Over these four losses anytime an opposing needed to score they’ve been able to. If the Jets somehow got the game with a TD the Jags would have cut through the defense. This defense has talent but is poorly coached. I actually think it’s one of the worst units in the NFL. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This is by far the most ridiculous sh*t I've ever heard

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

The Jets defense has allowed 3 TD'S in Zach Wilson's 4 losses this year.

Yes in the last 3 games Wilson has played the defense has given up 3.....13....and 19 points for an average of 11.7 PPG.......The Jets have lost all 3 because the offense scored 3.....17....and 3 for an average of 7.8 PPG......How the hell do you expect the offense to overcome the hole the defense has put them in, i mean should we expect the offense to average double digits....;)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 4

can we stop blowing the defense? yesterday we got owned by the jaguars and their playcalling. Q got a sack, and literally on the next drive they made him completely irrelevant. and after that the jaguars came after us dink and dunk taking advantage of the inept defense. reminded me of the browns game....i just through we got better since then.

• Upvote 1

People are giving the defense a free pass during this 4 game slide and they shouldn't.  Just because the QB is dreadful does not mean the D should be turtling this time of year.

Last 4 games:

6 sacks, 0 interceptions,  1 fumble recovery.  Not to mention some totally blown coverage's (See Mosley) and idiotic game changing penalties. (See Mosley)

Jax was without their starting LT and the jets got 1 sack which was within the 1st play or two of the game.

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

It was 16-3 in the 3rd quarter with the jets driving and on what, the 15 yd line?  Competent QB play this is another W.  The defense bent but didn’t break all game, keeping them in it.  You’re not going to convince me that NFL teams aren’t going to say “we don’t HAVE to score”.

It was early 4th quarter and drive stooped on a 4th down pass play. Remember it? Joe Montana could not have thrown a better pass. And Corey Davis dropped it as it hit his hands and midsection. One of the worst drops of the season. And that was the ball game.

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

The Jets defense has allowed 3 TD'S in Zach Wilson's 4 losses this year.

The Jets defense has not been great the past few weeks.  When this was still a game, the Jags had 2-3 looong drives.  The Jets need to play a complete game, which means not giving up 96 yard TD drives and 250 yards in a half of football. Everyone stunk last night. Everyone.  The best play of the game was Q's sack fumble on the third play. It was all downhill after that.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

Yes in the last 3 games Wilson has played the defense has given up 3.....13....and 19 points for an average of 11.7 PPG.......The Jets have lost all 3 because the offense scored 3.....17....and 3 for an average of 7.8 PPG......How the hell do you expect the offense to overcome the hole the defense has put them in, i mean should we expect the offense to average double digits....;)

The “Sanchize” ❤️ this post.

Did Sanchez Ever put up a TD on a game opening drive?  He had to.  I think Wilson has 1.