2023 NFL Combine day two, Corners and Safeties....

Beerfish

We do not need to look at CBs in this draft at all imo but Safeties for sure.  We could be looking for either or a Strong or FS and I think there are some nice safety candidates in this draft.  We might even be looking for a big saftey that can run to be that tweener linebacker kind of player.

What do you all say?  Any favorite safety prospects to look a today?

Also a strong showing by a few CBs would be good for us in the draft potentially pushing guys more useful to us down he board.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We do not need to look at CBs in this draft at all imo but Safeties for sure.  We could be looking for either or a Strong or FS and I think there are some nice safety candidates in this draft.  We might even be looking for a big saftey that can run to be that tweener linebacker kind of player.

What do you all say?  Any favorite safety prospects to look a today?

Also a strong showing by a few CBs would be good for us in the draft potentially pushing guys more useful to us down he board.

Be interesting to see how the Boise State guy does. Usually goes late1st early 2nd in mocks. Where do you have him!

• Upvote 2

The two corners I am curious about are the South Carolina guys -- Dairius Rush and Cam Smith.  Rush was probably the guy who impressed me more than anyone else at the senior bowl.  He was running routes for guys.  

As to Safety, I don't think it is a very deep class.  Brian Branch and Chris Smith are the only guys I am aware of right now that I can see being able to contribute much as rookies.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

The two corners I am curious about are the South Carolina guys -- Dairius Rush and Cam Smith.  Rush was probably the guy who impressed me more than anyone else at the senior bowl.  He was running routes for guys.  

As to Safety, I don't think it is a very deep class.  Brian Branch and Chris Smith are the only guys I am aware of right now that I can see being able to contribute much as rookies.  

I think you and I discussed earlier, but DJ was saying that your Georgia CB may be a good S at next level. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I think you and I discussed earlier, but DJ was saying that your Georgia CB may be a good S at next level. 

Yes, we did. 

I guess we will know more today -- I expect him to run well, but he needs to handle the quickness/agility drills to cement himself as a top CB.  Good ball skills, but he always looked a little stiff to me.  It also sounds like he is getting a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it based on some stuff I have read.  We will see.

• Upvote 1

I hate to say this because I do not want Lith and an angry bulldog chasing me but Ringo did not impress me in the Georgia games I watched last year.  The announcers talked him up a lot but I think he is going to get over drafted because he is from Georgia.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

I hate to say this because I do not want Lith and an angry bulldog chasing me but Ringo did not impress me in the Georgia games I watched last year.  The announcers talked him up a lot but I think he is going to get over drafted because he is from Georgia.

That is not going to piss me off.  I agree with you.  Watch the LSU and Ohio State games -- he was targeted and gave up a ton of receptions and yards.  He will always be one of my favorite players just because of the pick 6 against Bama in the Natty, but I don't see him as a first round CB. 

Given his ball skills, Sec 314's suggestion of him as a Safety could have some merit.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And since when have you worried about me being angry.  Unless you just want to make sure you don't get stuck with the Broncos or Rams or some other team with no 1s in our mock.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/4/2023 at 2:44 PM, PepPep said:

Im loving Sydney Brown's game and what he could bring to this D playing next to Whitehead. 

He’s the first non blue chip player to excite me as I scramble to catch up. He’s got the look and the game film to match up with a nice combine. 
316D42A5-4DF3-4F04-AB49-E5FF9F636AA7.thumb.png.bc1a4d5a77469b3e48f6e3f94fe78973.png

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He’s the first non blue chip player to excite me as I scramble to catch up. He’s got the look and the game film to match up with a nice combine. 
316D42A5-4DF3-4F04-AB49-E5FF9F636AA7.thumb.png.bc1a4d5a77469b3e48f6e3f94fe78973.png

He is one of the top 'plug and play' safeties to replace Joyner, IMO. Branch is another guy with his versatility but I would rather play him in the slot or SS so he can wreak havoc at the line of scrimmage. There are other 'ball hawk' type FS's but they don't have the football IQ of Brown where you can confidently plug him as a starter and expect him to hold his own in the run and pass. 

I think he goes in Rd. 2. If he slides, I would love for the Jets to move up for him from the 3rd round.