Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

19 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Is Stafford a viable option? 

I don't believe the Rams can trade him since they paid his roster bonus a while back.  Would accelerate too much cap for the Rams at this point.   Here:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/16/matthew-stafford-officially-has-another-57-million-become-fully-guaranteed/

1 hour ago, ptisme said:

I assume his loyalty is with the jets.   But more importantly his disloyalty ATM is with the Packers.   And if you don't believe that you don't know Rodgers.  This road began the moment they drafted Love.  Well no, the moment they cut Jordy Nelson.

Leaving everything else aside, drafting Love, IMO, was one of the dumbest draft decisions I think I've ever seen, and yes, I'm a Jets fan saying that.  That team was poised to win it all and Rodgers just needed a little help.  With several good WRs on the board, after about 10 straight years of not drafting any offensive help in the 1st round, that was staggeringly weird.  Tee Higgins on that team beats TB 9 times out of 10.

Feel free to disagree, but your team very likely left a Super Bowl on the table that year.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Leaving everything else aside, drafting Love, IMO, was one of the dumbest draft decisions I think I've ever seen, and yes, I'm a Jets fan saying that.  That team was poised to win it all and Rodgers just needed a little help.  With several good WRs on the board, after about 10 straight years of not drafting any offensive help in the 1st round, that was staggeringly weird.  Tee Higgins on that team beats TB 9 times out of 10.

Feel free to disagree, but your team very likely left a Super Bowl on the table that year.

Yup totally dumb to have 45 years of legitimate franchise QB play if love is the guy. He looked great in limited time last year. Earily similar to Rodgers in 07 against Dallas....

The potential multiple championships or runs you can go on if love hits outweighs a stupid 1st rd wr. 

If your franchise QB is in his mid 30s and a QB falls to you that checks all the boxes, and you have the opportunity to develop him the proper way and not microwave the damn thing, you obviously do it. 

The entire QB position now is treated like popcorn, very few qbs can even sit in the same system and master it. 

I'm a firm believer that the QB position should be developed slowly like baseball and nhl prospects and you should do everything in your power as an organization to create and foster stability for that long term sustainable success. 

Constantly firing coaches, constantly rushing the QB to play when he can't even call his protection. It's mind blowing how ignorant and unproductive it is. The Packers aren't perfect, and Rodgers should've won a couple more rings, but I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. 

The Steelers are another great example. 3 coaches in 50 years or whatever it is...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Dude if a few teams like Washington or the pats don't get the QB they want or whatever, those teams would then theoretically zero in on Rodgers, making it harder to get Rodgers for the jets. It's in Douglas's interest to get a deal done now because the cards may not fall as you think. What if a team has a freak injury at QB in mini camp etc?

Lol again with the mystery few teams. Every ******* team has had 2 months to show any interest in AR. Not to forgot the fact that AR wants to play for the Jets who have his favorite coach. But let's play out top 14 picks:

1) Carolina Panthers (from Chicago): Young
2) Houston Texans: stroud
3) Arizona Cardinals: murray
4) Indianapolis Colts: Levis
5) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver): Wilson
6) Detroit Lions (from L.A. Rams): goff
7) Las Vegas Raiders: poor
8 Atlanta Falcons: Anthony richardson
9) Chicago Bears (from Carolina): fields
10) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans): hurts 
11) Tennessee Titans: tannehill
12) Houston Texans (from Cleveland)
13) New York Jets: rodgers
14) New England Patriots: they have qb questions. They should be going after AR right now cause they have no chance of drafting one at 14. They are not going after AR. Should tell you all you need to know.

And again, let me reiterate this. Nobody, NOBODY, has shown a lick of interest in that contract except the jets. Rodgers, who is notoriously stubborn, said he wants to play for the Jets who have his favorite coach. Also, the jets aren't idiots. They have a team of guys monitoring every move any team may make. If they were seriously concerned about anyone else swooping in, they would be acting with a bit more urgency. And believe me, they will if they get word there is another suitor. But there isn't, hence why this is dragging on forever.

5 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Lol again with the mystery few teams. Every ******* team has had 2 months to show any interest in AR. Not to forgot the fact that AR wants to play for the Jets who have his favorite coach. But let's play out top 14 picks:

14) New England Patriots: they have qb questions. They should be going after AR right now cause they have no chance of drafting one at 14. They are not going after AR. Should tell you all you need to know.

And again, let me reiterate this. Nobody, NOBODY, has shown a lick of interest in that contract except the jets. Rodgers, who is notoriously stubborn, said he wants to play for the Jets who have his favorite coach. Also, the jets aren't idiots. They have a team of guys monitoring every move any team may make. If they were seriously concerned about anyone else swooping in, they would be acting with a bit more urgency. And believe me, they will if they get word there is another suitor. But there isn't, hence why this is dragging on forever.

Unless the pats get involved or the Cardinals take Levis and tell Murray bye bye...

I understand the general outline of probability. But the pack don't have to do anything. You do understand that right? 

9 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

That would be hilarious if the Seahawks traded for Russell Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Unless the pats get involved or the Cardinals take Levis and tell Murray bye bye...

I understand the general outline of probability. But the pack don't have to do anything. You do understand that right? 

Of course they don't have to do anything. And Gute doesn't have to be employed by the packers. They don't need cap space in 2024 and beyond to surround love with guys. They don't need extra draft picks to help love now. They certainly don't need the distraction of reporters asking love, Rodgers and every player "who should be leading this team" every day of training camp. I know they definitely don't need AR getting hurt in some freak accident in training camp and becoming an untradable 100M anchor around their necks.

But yes, it's the jets that need to do something. The jets can't just decide to continue to stink even though the vast majority of the fanbase would rather do so than risk handing over a 1st rd pick. Jets certainly can't possibly draft a developmental qb and try to trade for tannehill or Stafford. God, if only we weren't so desperate!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

Of course they don't have to do anything. And Gute doesn't have to be employed by the packers. They don't need cap space in 2024 and beyond to surround love with guys. They don't need extra draft picks to help love now. They certainly don't need the distraction of reporters asking love, Rodgers and every player "who should be leading this team" every day of training camp. I know they definitely don't need AR getting hurt in some freak accident in training camp and becoming an untradable 100M anchor around their necks.

But yes, it's the jets that need to do something. The jets can't just decide to continue to stink even though the vast majority of the fanbase would rather do so than risk handing over a 1st rd pick. Jets certainly can't possibly draft a developmental qb and try to trade for tannehill or Stafford. God, if only we weren't so desperate!

They would just play Rodgers... Love would just sit another year. 

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Holding firm, not acting desperate, and giving yourself an out is the correct action. If I'm the jets I'm not under any circumstances giving up any first. 

Signing Bridgewater and maneuvering to get Levis or Stroud is the long term sustainable successful path. Rodgers should be viewed as the cherry on top , not the final all in decision. 

5 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

They would just play Rodgers... Love would just sit another year. 

Ok you have to join current reality. These are facts, not fan hypothesis:

1. AR hates gb front office and has stated he wants to play for the Jets

2. Murphy stated, PUBLICLY, that they are moving on with love 

You can't just make up a story that AR comes back, they all hug it out and he starts. So Love sits his final year of contract and they go into his 5th year option with only 1 year to evaluate him? He would be justified to demand a trade. He was a 1st rd pick for Christmas sake. He wants and needs to play, and rightfully so.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

It's not a negative 

It's just not an option anymore, for either party

Based on what

If Rodger retires, the pack get nothing regardless

Or Rodgers just plays for the Packers and love sits another year ( most likely)

Guttenkurst can hate Rodgers and vice versa

So did Jordan and the bulls gm from the,80s/ 90s. 

8 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Ok you have to join current reality. These are facts, not fan hypothesis:

1. AR hates gb front office and has stated he wants to play for the Jets

2. Murphy stated, PUBLICLY, that they are moving on with love 

You can't just make up a story that AR comes back, they all hug it out and he starts. So Love sits his final year of contract and they go into his 5th year option with only 1 year to evaluate him? He would be justified to demand a trade. He was a 1st rd pick for Christmas sake. He wants and needs to play, and rightfully so.

Rodgers hating the Packers front office doesn't preclude him from playing for the Packers. He doesn't hate his teammates, he doesn't hate green bay or the fans

4 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Holding firm, not acting desperate, and giving yourself an out is the correct action. If I'm the jets I'm not under any circumstances giving up any first. 

Signing Bridgewater and maneuvering to get Levis or Stroud is the long term sustainable successful path. Rodgers should be viewed as the cherry on top , not the final all in decision. 

I wouldn't draft levis, just not a believer. And to trade 3 1sts to move up for stroud, the 2nd best qb, is also a no go at the end of the day for me. 

I personally would have signed carr and built around him. I think this team could still have some success with a guy like tannehill while allowing us to continue to look and maneuver for a franchise qb. I get going all in on AR, I just don't understand anyone desperate for him. We've sucked for 10 years. If we suck for 1 more, land a high draft pick and Caleb williams, would it kill ya?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Based on what

The Packers need to make a decision on Love. Him sitting for another year behind a guy who doesn’t want anything to do with the team is jeopardizing the future of the team. 

They’re being stubborn over a QB who doesn’t want to play there, who has a ridiculous contract, and almost retired. It’s scaring me how they’re not budging. 

Murphy and guttenkurst have said a lot of things the past three years. If Rodgers is playing QB, he's going to start. 

Because green bay has love in their back pocket, there is a more potential waiting on a bigger haul then giving ar away. 

Again this is why Douglas should be thinking plan b so he's not stuck with no other options. Hence the Levis or Stroud pick imho

5 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Based on what

You put 0 value in the fact that both parties said they don't want each other. I'm not sure what else to say.

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

I wouldn't draft levis, just not a believer. And to trade 3 1sts to move up for stroud, the 2nd best qb, is also a no go at the end of the day for me. 

I personally would have signed carr and built around him. I think this team could still have some success with a guy like tannehill while allowing us to continue to look and maneuver for a franchise qb. I get going all in on AR, I just don't understand anyone desperate for him. We've sucked for 10 years. If we suck for 1 more, land a high draft pick and Caleb williams, would it kill ya?

I don't think it would take that much.

You could probably get to 3 with a guarantee of young, Levis or stroud, for 13, a 2, and a 1 next year. I truly believe that would get it done 

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

You put 0 value in the fact that both parties said they don't want each other. I'm not sure what else to say.

What they said doesn't change the dynamic that guttenkurst doesn't have to do anything. 

Theres more potential draft capital if he waits. If that dynamic wasn't true, guttenkurst already would've traded him....

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The Packers need to make a decision on Love. Him sitting for another year behind a guy who doesn’t want anything to do with the team is jeopardizing the future of the team. 

They’re being stubborn over a QB who doesn’t want to play there, who has a ridiculous contract, and almost retired. It’s scaring me how they’re not budging. 

Nothing is jeopardized. Jordan love is under contract and 24 years old. He's the future this year or 3 years from now.

6 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

I don't think it would take that much.

You could probably get to 3 with a guarantee of young, Levis or stroud, for 13, a 2, and a 1 next year. I truly believe that would get it done 

Truly believe???

Dude, Google the San Fran trade up for trey Lance a couple years ago and post what they gave up.

1 minute ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

If Joe Douglas signed Teddy Bridgewater right now to a two-year contract and then literally 15 minutes later traded up to the three spot I guarantee you within 10 seconds Aaron Rodgers would already be a jet

I don't follow any of this. I'm going to bed. 

25 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

The problem is Douglas might not be allowed to have another losing season. And the jets roster is too good. You'll win 9 games with teddy imo. You can't necessarily count on next year when Stroud / Levis are available now