Hunter Luepke

This is a late round guy I want us to draft. Develop this guy. He can be our Kyle Juszczyk. Nearly identical in size. Luepke just needs to polish his blocking skills to move to a full time FB. But he nearly averaged 7 yard per carry (given at a NDSU) and has soft hands. But at 6’1” 230lbs. He’s being looked at as a FB not RB. Polish up those blocking skills and envelop the kid and we could have something. Just another weapon for this team potentially. As well as a way to add that additional blocker for Hall.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Here’s a better one. I could see him being used as an H back or something but he’s too small to be a true TE, too slow to be a RB and his blocking is questionable so FB is probably not the best position for him either. If it was 1960 he’d be a good pick. 

That’s why I said develop the kid. I mean for whatever reason we keep Bawden on this team. This kid at least has upside. I 100% would only use him as a FB. Not as a TE or RB. Obviously like most FBs maybe give him a carry or 2 a game in short yardage areas and such. But he can be coached on his blocking. He has the size and athletic ability. He likely isn’t a day 1 starter obviously and needs time. But he has all the skill to be that Kyle Juszczyk type guy for us. Remember that Juszczyk was drafted 1st off in the 4th round by BAL (I believe when JD was there, not sure). And was developed behind Leach at FB and only got time only ST as a rookie. Wasn’t until Year 2 that he was starting for them.

So I’m not saying draft Luepke and him be our starting FB Week 1. I’m saying spend a late rounder on him or even as an UDFA and develop the kid. Our best years of “recent” running the ball we had Richardson as a FB. Rodgers started his starting career and for like 7 years had Kuhn at FB. It’s a position for me that often gets overlooked. And you don’t need to spend a quality pick on a guy. Just get a guy like Luepke and develop them.

7 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I looked at him for the mock draft unfortunately getting injured didn’t help him. If he did good at the senior bowl and testing he would have gone mid rounds, now I don’t think he gets drafted. Maybe in the 7th

A fullback with those kind of hands would be a nice asset.  Obviously, didn't do a lot of blocking.  With his size and hands, he would be a worthy project.  If he could be a solid blocker, he'd be an asset in front of Breece and out of the backfield.  Might be a difficult matchup for most linebackers.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

A fullback with those kind of hands would be a nice asset.  Obviously, didn't do a lot of blocking.  With his size and hands, he would be a worthy project.  If he could be a solid blocker, he'd be an asset in front of Breece and out of the backfield.  Might be a difficult matchup for most linebackers.

Remember you’re watching him play against Albany and Chattahoochee state or some sht. His hands are good but there’s nothing really special about him. 

21 hours ago, maury77 said:

@Chrebetfan80 has been touting Luepke for months, I hope the Jets can get him because a legit FB would add a lot to the offense. 

IMO he's the closest thing we've seen to Kyle Juszczyk  come out of the draft at the FB position.  What value that is to teams now in terms of where he goes in the draft, im not sure.  Maybe 4th or 5th rd? 

• Upvote 1