Let’s talk about Zach Wilson

7 hours ago, CSNY said:

Although there does seem to be some improvement from Zach I’m still not convinced as he still throws too many “just arm” balls and doesn’t step into the throws that leads to inaccurate and dangerous passes some of which can put the receivers in defenseless positions. 

I get not every pass is going to be put right on the numbers but to this point he needs to become more accurate imo 

I think that you are making a good point about Zach still needing to step into his throws.  I hope that as he (hopefully) gets more and more comfortable in the pocket, this will happen naturally.  He has been blessed with a great arm, but stepping before throwing is something all of us have done since we were kids without thinking about it.  The problem with Zach is probably that he is still thinking about his mechanics, rather than doing what comes naturally.  I know about this from my legendarily pathetic golf game. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The eyes never lie?  The eyes also see what they want to see.  Hanging onto his head never or rarely turned is wrong.  To repeat it, it’s just looking for something, anything to complain about.  
The eyes, reading posts like this, see it clearly enough.   The haters refuse to admit he’s playing better

No, it’s called understanding football and not being in the tank for a bum.

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yay he completed a couple screens and designed passes to the first read flat facing the panthers backups

Pretty obvious if you understand the game. Some of these guys just can’t admit to being wrong about a guy on the Internet. Ego is a helluva drug.

Just now, Matt39 said:

The Jets never had a clear plan or set expectations with Wislon from the jump. It was basically a clinic on how not to handle a rookie QB. 

That is true and it’s also true that he sucks and perfect coaching would not have made him a franchise player.

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yay he completed a couple screens and designed passes to the first read flat facing the panthers backups

And the haters just continue to blow smoke.  Yeah that’s all he did, he played QB.  While the usual crew tries to convince the world he didn’t play well.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the haters just continue to blow smoke.  Yeah that’s all he did, he played QB.  While the usual crew tries to convince the world he didn’t play well.  

You’d like to see some down the field completions from the second pick in the draft in year 3.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

They just disagree ... I'd prefer they pull for the kid, but you can't blame them .. he's got to do it on the field against more than backups .. Zach was put out there in a Kobayashi Maru test his first two years and proved he was not Captain Kirk ( Tom Brady in football terms). ... He will get another shot .. I hope it is with the Jets ... But if not it will be slightly amusing to see him succeed wherever he ends up.

The arrow is pointing straight up for this kid .. he has immense arm talent ... If he can improve his ball placement (not easy to do) he has a blindingly bright future.

I don't blame guys for being skeptical ... It's the obviously blindered POV that is simply lame and indicates a lack of integrity at best, and an insecurity issue at worst.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I can blame them.  
The first half had a lot of starters, the “against backups”.  Doesn’t work here.  
Im not blaming them as much as observing.  It’s ok to call people who think the ZW story isn’t finished but it’s wrong to accuse some for their anti ZW bias.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You’d like to see some down the field completions from the second pick in the draft in year 3.

So he should have forced one into coverage just so fans can feel happy or because thats another pointless complaint?  WTF does his draft position have to do with taking what the defense is giving you and picking another team apart?  So that he could force the ball to a backup and then if picked the same group complaining about short passes can accuse him of still playing hero ball?  

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

No, it’s called understanding football and not being in the tank for a bum.

No, it has nothing to do with understanding football.  If you think you saw his eyes, if you didn’t see him look the field over, to turn his head not only is it wrong it has nothing to do with understanding football.

And calling him a bum when we’re talking about people who just won’t give him a chance says it all.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, it has nothing to do with understanding football.  If you think you saw his eyes, if you didn’t see him look the field over, to turn his head not only is it wrong it has nothing to do with understanding football.

And calling him a bum when we’re talking about people who just won’t give him a chance says it all.  

The neck bone is connected to the head bone. The eye bone is connected to the head bone.

I don’t need a sky cam zoom on his eyeballs to know where he is looking. You do know how the human body functions, yes?

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

The neck bone is connected to the head bone. The eye bone is connected to the head bone.

I don’t need a sky cam zoom on his eyeballs to know where he is looking. You do know how the human body functions, yes?

Of course you don’t need a sky cam.  The video shows he was looking at his receivers not just his primary receivers.  No matter how many times you accuse the “bum” of not doing what we all can see he did at times, when needed. 

51 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pretty obvious if you understand the game. Some of these guys just can’t admit to being wrong about a guy on the Internet. Ego is a helluva drug.

Oh yeah, some of us can’t admit we’re wrong about the guy when it’s not the point.  You can’t admit he’s played better, so start talking about what “these guys” can or can’t can’t see.  
There’s the real ego at work.  This is a pretty funny take, the people who saw it as a good game only do so because of ego, while tho who don’t comes from an understanding of the game.  Egos.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Oh yeah, some of us can’t admit we’re wrong about the guy when it’s not the point.  You can’t admit he’s played better, so start talking about what “these guys” can or can’t can’t see.  
There’s the real ego at work.  This is a pretty funny take, the people who saw it as a good game only do so because of ego, while tho who don’t comes from an understanding of the game.  Egos.

What are you even talking about? I never said he didn’t “play better,” my point is that it is not probative in the slightest due to all of the data points already on record. It’s going to take sustained improvement over time before my impressions shift. He hit a couple screen passes in a pre season game. Ok, well I still believe he blows.

Sports fans are the poster children for recency bias, I swear.

14 hours ago, JoeFan said:

First of all, we all , including myself, tend to see things based on our preconceived notions. If you hated the draft pick...

I'm judging him as an NFL back-up QB. The truth is, if not for his contract, he would not even be on the team right now. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

I'm judging him as an NFL back-up QB. The truth is, if not for his contract, he would not even be on the team right now. 

You don’t exactly need a secret agenda decoder ring to understand why people opines that he stinks

5D27D0EB-29E7-4A9D-B604-E011623EA346.thumb.jpeg.f6bc991b603923895e625205c48bfd2e.jpeg

• Upvote 1

You don’t exactly need a secret agenda decoder ring to understand why people opines that he stinks
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_08/5D27D0EB-29E7-4A9D-B604-E011623EA346.thumb.jpeg.f6bc991b603923895e625205c48bfd2e.jpeg
Great now do the rookie seasons of Troy Aikman (55.7), Peyton Manning(71.2), John Elway (54.9) .. ... ... ... ... ..

2 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I think that you are making a good point about Zach still needing to step into his throws.  I hope that as he (hopefully) gets more and more comfortable in the pocket, this will happen naturally.  He has been blessed with a great arm, but stepping before throwing is something all of us have done since we were kids without thinking about it.  The problem with Zach is probably that he is still thinking about his mechanics, rather than doing what comes naturally.  I know about this from my legendarily pathetic golf game. 

When I was a kid I had a teammate on the 8th grade baseball team. He was always teased and stuff. It was rough to watch. He was always a poor player but his dad was the coach so he made the team. He went away one summer to baseball camp in Florida. He vowed to be great when he returned. He came back and watch changed was that he was no longer stepping into his swing. His lead leg was planted on the ground. He sucked less but had an even more garbage look that got him teased even more. The moral of the story is, Florida sucks. 

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Great now do the rookie seasons of Troy Aikman (55.7), Peyton Manning(71.2), John Elway (54.9) .. ... ... ... ... ..

After you do the rookie seasons of the 700 QBs who sucked because they just sucked