On 8/9/2023 at 6:45 AM, MichaelScott said:

You're not wrong. My issues with this pick are purely based on position and player taken at the time they were taken. I have no idea what these players will be. Ultimately it will matter what these two players end up being in a couple years. The draft is always a roll of the dice. I'm just saying, if I was rolling them, I'd probably go with the best player at his position at a huge position of need over reaching for a player at a non position of need. If McD ends up being a 12+ sack player, it won't matter and JD will be a genius. I hope that happens. But somehow I don't see it 

Edge is as premium a position as they come, outside of QB. The three most important positions on the field are QB, OT, and Edge, with WR/CB coming right behind those. And our only edge under contract for next year was Johnson. Once I read up on McDonald I had exactly zero problem with the pick, despite wanting JSN while the draft was happening. He really does profile as an elite edge in our system - combines Huff's insane get off with better physical tools and freaky bend - and that was the missing piece for our defense. Combining a brutal passrush with lockdown corners is horrifying for opposing offenses, and for the first time in recent memory the team is stacked with guys who can take advantage of 1-on-1s. An offense that has to devote 4 blockers to Quinnen and McDonald on pass downs is playing 6-on-9 everywhere else, and that's really really hard.

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

WTF is a FOODIE bruh? sounds like something from Fraggle Rock.

A foodie can mean so many different things, there are no rules, nothing to bend.  That's the beauty of the term foodie.  Foodie's dont just love food, it's not just bending over backward to find a find some trendy place.  It's goes way beyond that but it's a personal thing, you bend this way, you bend that way, and bam, you're a foodie but only if you want to be, otherwise, you're not and you dont have to bend to anything and that's cool too. 

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2023 at 2:14 PM, k-met57 said:

Chris Simms said that there is a ton of buzz on WM and JJ from the HOF game.

(spare me the Chris Simms sucks plz, he was still there)

IF... big if, both JJ and McDonald are hits then the Jets D is set for quite a while.  JJ, McDonald, Sauce all on rookie deals and relatively cheap, QW locked up on an extension.  The D could ride those 4 for the next 3 years and JD just has to supplement and manage around them with average players.

The Cap gets juiced when Lawson and CJ eventually move on.  Finding a stud LB in the next 1-2 years is important.

• Upvote 2