Why Becton Needs to Start!!!!

2 hours ago, slats said:

Becton pulled himself from the Cleveland game because of the field. His last snap on that day, he tried to plant his foot, it slipped out in an awkward way, and he left the game so as not to put himself in position to reinsure the knee. The Australian guy who breaks down film did a good video on Becton and showed that particular play quite clearly. 

Yeah what I was saying earlier about risk vs. reward. It was a first (and extra) preseason game ffs. Never mind it was his first live action (such as it was) since September 2021.

26 minutes ago, John Blaze said:

Where have you seen it reported that he's still on a pitch count? I believe he's practiced fully a few times already.

The pitch count he was on before makes perfect sense.

Despite the needs some have for early August gratification/proof of what’s to be, it would’ve been irresponsible and shortsighted to have him go all out with the starters and no initial pitch count on a twice repaired knee.

They had a regimen planned for him to be eased in with enough time to be full have ready before/by week 1. Being at that point 12-20 days earlier has no impact on the season. If they started camp 2-3 weeks earlier he’d have been ready 2-3 weeks earlier, but it’s also wholly irrelevant since no every-snap starters are playing full games yet anyway.

• Upvote 3

Some takes in this thread aging really well - in just a few hours.  

Preseason is usually loaded with deception and misdirection, not even factoring in the utter stupidity of most of the reporters taking all the bait and spitting it back out.

WarGames - "The Only Winning Move" - YouTube

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah what I was saying earlier about risk vs. reward. It was a first (and extra) preseason game ffs. Never mind it was his first live action (such as it was) since September 2021.

The pitch count he was on before makes perfect sense.

Despite the needs some have for early August gratification/proof of what’s to be, it would’ve been irresponsible and shortsighted to have him go all out with the starters and no pitch count on a twice repaired knee.

They had a regimen planned for him to be eased in with enough time to be full have ready before/by week 1. Being at that point 12-20 days earlier has no impact on the season. If they started camp 2-3 weeks earlier he’d have been ready 2-3 weeks earlier, but it’s also wholly irrelevant since no every-snap starters are playing full games yet anyway.

I agree. I have been saying that the pitch count early in the off season was designed to get him ready to play a full game. There has been nothing reported that would make you believe that he's not on track.

• Upvote 2