Bookmark/Favorite Feature

On 10/15/2023 at 10:16 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Are there any free plugins that would allow us to bookmark/favorite a post so we can easily find it in the future? 

I love that idea, but I haven't seen anyone. Invision is in the process of designing a new version (5) and getting rid of their marketplace. So if I see anything I would definitely install it, I like this idea a lot.

• Upvote 1

On 10/22/2023 at 10:45 PM, Maxman said:

I love that idea, but I haven't seen anyone. Invision is in the process of designing a new version (5) and getting rid of their marketplace. So if I see anything I would definitely install it, I like this idea a lot.

I'd also like to add an alert feature to bring up predictions at a future time and look back on them.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd also like to add an alert feature to bring up predictions at a future time and look back on them.  

That would be awesome, then I could laugh at everybody's wrong predictions much easier while knowing I get 95% of my predictions wrong.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/15/2023 at 10:16 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Are there any free plugins that would allow us to bookmark/favorite a post so we can easily find it in the future? 

There aren't any free ones, but I found a premium one. I am getting approved on their site and then I will get it setup here. Great suggestion, hope to have it up and running soon.

Bookmarks is an easy and convenient way to save and bookmark content that you want to find later:

• Want to save a long topic for later reading?
  • Don't want to lose your spot in an interesting topic?
  • Need to mark something for moderator review?  
  • Curious about other people's favorite bookmarks?  

Bookmarks by @fosters saves you the hassle of rummaging through multiple pages, searching, and navigating to find that one post you wanted to later review.  With one click, you and your users can save any post as a bookmark.  It offers a convenient way to compile, store, and organize your most favorite posts from around the community into your own set of bookmarks.     

FEATURES

Bookmarks offers the following features:

• Public Bookmarks - Public bookmarks are viewable by other members and guests on a tab on the member's profile page.  
  • Private Bookmarks - Private bookmarks are viewed only by yourself.  This is perfect for the posts you secretly love to return to!  
  • Unlimited Bookmarks - Let your users save as many bookmarks as they want!  
  • Notifications - The content creator can get a notification when somebody bookmarks his content
  • Activity Stream 
  • Simple Mode - Enhanced features like the bookmark type and categories will be deactivated

CONTENT ITEMS

Bookmarks works with the following content items:

• Topic Posts
  • Blog Entries
  • Blog Comments
  • Download Files
  • Download Comments
  • Gallery Images
  • Gallery Comments
  • Gallery Albums
  • Project Manager Items
  • Project Manager Comments

FAST & UIX FRIENDLY

Bookmarks is designed to be super fast and user-friendly.  The application uses a "table join" to fetch the bookmark, so no extra queries are run on the content page.  It also utilizes AJAX technology to manage the bookmarks.  This means when you add or remove the bookmark, the bookmark is instantly removed without reloading the page - giving an instant and seamless transition to your users.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think there are alerts available, but hey google \ siri set a reminder to tell @bitonti what a great season Zach Wilson had on February 10, 2024...that is what I am using.  :)

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

She's an digital assistant not a miracle worker 

I walked into that one. Sitting in Memorial Sloan Kettering with Lauren and legit laughed out loud.

Waiting room full of people looking at me. I deserved it though, well played.

• Upvote 1