Vilma at QB?

vinnys025

Vilma would probably throw more touchdowns than Pennington, Ramsey and Bollinger combined.

Hell, Ladainian Tomlinson did it. We really need a quarterback.

Vilma can't hit the fade and he prefers a 1 step drop. Linebackers spook him so he has a tendency bail out of the pocket too soon. No mobility but can fall and cover the ball better than most QBs. Will work cheap but demands insurance on both rotator cuffs and lunch once a month with Namath,Testaverde and Donald Trump. We don't need a QB, we need a coach that can restore confidence in the QBs on the team. No saviors in the draft and "Broadway Matt" just don't cut it, no matter how much he wants it.

I would be in favor of this as long as Brooks Bollinger was guaranteed to get the middle linebacking job.....

...and don't think Bolly wouldn't lay a few cats out with a lights-out hit or two....and the ability to chase guys down sideline to sideline.....and to be a leader in the defensive huddles, call plays and read offenses.....and to anticipate picks by reading a qb's tendencies.....and blitzing, whoa.....

Thanks Vinny025, you may have just started a whole new era of posts......

Here's a thought with all this AJ hawk talk going on. Do you think Vilma can play QB and MLB or OLB depending on how he feels? This would solve the draft problem of wanting a QB. Nothing wrong with a little ironman. Discuss

That could work, but I think we should trade the #29 for lamont jordan or see if tom tupa wants too come back. I think one of them could fit our QB hole.;)

This thread is silly. Everyone knows Vilma has a noodle arm. Of course he would make a great QB.

Vilma would be a great QB. He has the Mangini intangibles. Works hard, loves football, is a team first player and plays for the name on the front of the jersey not on the back of the jersey.... Would he be willing to take the vet minimum?.. That would seal the deal.

Archived