Suggestion: New tab along the top for pinned threads

The other day I was looking for a draft day thread from a prior year.  I was able to find it with search but I think threads like these should be easier to look up.  My suggestion would be to create a new tab up top with stuff like "NFL Draft " (for days 1, 2 and 3) by year and even official game day threads by year.  For example:

LEVEL 1: "Pinned Threads" 

LEVEL 2: "NFL Draft", "Game Day Threads"

LEVEL 3: 2023, 2022, 2021, etc

LEVEL 4 (for "NFL Draft"): "Day 1", "Day 2", "Day 3" 

LEVEL 4 (for "Game Day Threads"): "Week 1", "Week 2", ... "Week 18"

LEVEL 5 (for "NFL Draft"): Link to the "official" thread (e.g. "Official Day 1 Draft Thread 2022"). 

LEVEL 5 (for "Game Day Threads"): Link to the official game day thread (e.g. "Official Game Day Thread Week 1, 2022.  Jets vs Ravens")

Maxman or the Mods would designate which thread(s) count as the "official" thread.

image.thumb.png.710da4cfb02795668eb0a0a926a36556.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 8:59 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

The other day I was looking for a draft day thread from a prior year.  I was able to find it with search but I think threads like these should be easier to look up.  My suggestion would be to create a new tab up top with stuff like "NFL Draft " (for days 1, 2 and 3) by year and even official game day threads by year.  For example:

LEVEL 1: "Pinned Threads" 

LEVEL 2: "NFL Draft", "Game Day Threads"

LEVEL 3: 2023, 2022, 2021, etc

LEVEL 4 (for "NFL Draft"): "Day 1", "Day 2", "Day 3" 

LEVEL 4 (for "Game Day Threads"): "Week 1", "Week 2", ... "Week 18"

LEVEL 5 (for "NFL Draft"): Link to the "official" thread (e.g. "Official Day 1 Draft Thread 2022"). 

LEVEL 5 (for "Game Day Threads"): Link to the official game day thread (e.g. "Official Game Day Thread Week 1, 2022.  Jets vs Ravens")

Maxman or the Mods would designate which thread(s) count as the "official" thread.

image.thumb.png.710da4cfb02795668eb0a0a926a36556.png

Sorry just saw this now. This would put a pretty big load on the server. Each of those things would be a custom query. They aren't really stored like that. So, if I am reading this right, it would be the search parameters that pulled them up. If we saved that query and a bunch of people kept clicking on them, I fear that search could bog things down.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sorry just saw this now. This would put a pretty big load on the server. Each of those things would be a custom query. They aren't really stored like that. So, if I am reading this right, it would be the search parameters that pulled them up. If we saved that query and a bunch of people kept clicking on them, I fear that search could bog things down.

It would have to be a search?  It couldn't just be a bunch of links?  17 links for 17 game threads for each year.  And 3 draft threads for each year for day 1 through day 3.  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It would have to be a search?  It couldn't just be a bunch of links?  17 links for 17 game threads for each year.  And 3 draft threads for each year for day 1 through day 3.  

Oh I don't see how we could do it if was direct links. There are 17 game threads a year now. Not sure how to display them for all the years otherwise. But maybe I am not understanding what you are saying. I am usually confused, so this wouldn't be anything new.  :)