Bryce Huff - Trade Scenario

2 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

Whatever happened to Zaire Barnes? I was really hoping he was going to replace Mosely. Last years first round pick is looking dumber and dumber. 

dumb and dumber harry dunne GIF

Which one of last years picks is looking dumb and dumber: Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, or Jermaine Johnson?

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Which one of last years picks is looking dumb and dumber: Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, or Jermaine Johnson?

LOL

You know damn well I was talking about the last draft. Made no sense drafting Ichabod Crane.

3 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

LOL

You know damn well I was talking about the last draft. Made no sense drafting Ichabod Crane.

I think McDonald is going to be a good player.  I am just not sold that it was our best use of resources.  Without knowing if a trade-down was possible (because we can never know what was on the table), drafting Anton Harrison would have been considered a definite 'reach' at 15.  

Now, turns out I think Harrison has played better than Broderick Jones.  The draft is the crap shoot of all crap shoots.  Sometimes guys work that shouldn't, and some guys don't work that should.  Sometimes it's the team that drafts them and the situation they are put in, sometimes its something beyond what you can see in analytics.  Who knows.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think McDonald is going to be a good player.  I am just not sold that it was our best use of resources.  Without knowing if a trade-down was possible (because we can never know what was on the table), drafting Anton Harrison would have been considered a definite 'reach' at 15.  

Now, turns out I think Harrison has played better than Broderick Jones.  The draft is the crap shoot of all crap shoots.  Sometimes guys work that shouldn't, and some guys don't work that should.  Sometimes it's the team that drafts them and the situation they are put in, sometimes its something beyond what you can see in analytics.  Who knows.

I’m with you, judging on the way the jets eased JJ in, McDonald should see an increase in snaps next year, especially if huff is off the team. I think he’s going to be good as well. With that being said, DE was one of the few positions we had no business investing a first rounder in to. I get it, take the best player available, but there had to of been another player that the jets had a high grade on. I thought JSN was the no brainer pick once the OL prospects were off the table. McDonald was a shocker. We could have definitely used some help on offense this year.

13 hours ago, Barton said:

You cannot trade your best pass rusher (and by a wide margin) who is only 25 yrs old.

Its 1 of the most important positions on any successful team.

If anything, you trade Jermaine Johnson. But they dont need to do that.

Cut other guys, let others go (whitehead) and move money around.

Huff can be had for 15 mill a year or less. Nobody is giving him 20. 

Will McDonald, who these idiots drafted in the 1st round in April and can’t get on the field, will also be 25 years old next season.

Season 4 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

Oh that's easy, we will all watch the Jets win today and Atlanta will get the better draft pick than us.  We will watch Douglas trade our first and Huff in order to move up in the draft.  Huff will go on to have a John Abraham type of career playing on a fast surface in the Dome.  

I never root for a loss, today though a win does more than change our draft selection, it hands the Patriots Maye or Williams.

Go get me Harbaugh after tomorrow nights college game.  I'll sleep better after that.