It begins: Davante Adams flirting with the Jets on Twitter

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think they have to either trade down or go OT at #10, depending on who is still on the board.

But I agree that the odds of Davante being worth it are very slim.

Jets would need to win it all to justify the acquisition cost plus salary, because the 2025 version of Davante will surely be washed or severely diminished.

Actually, there is a very reasonable chance 2024 Davante falls off a cliff in terms of explosiveness and productivity.

There is 4 WR’s i would take at 10 , there only 2 OT i would take at ten. But I highly doubt either will make it out the top7.. so a trade back would be ideal. But jd hasn’t shown himself to be someone that will trade down in the first rd.. I just cant justify paying 20+ mill to WR at that age…  when there are good ones that come into the league every year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

There is 4 WR’s i would take at 10 , there only 2 OT i would take at ten. But I highly doubt either will make it out the top7.. so a trade back would be ideal. But jd hasn’t shown himself to be someone that will trade down in the first rd.. I just cant justify paying 20+ mill to WR at that age…  when there are good ones that come into the league every year. 

Go qb at 10. It’s our only hope of next year not being another crapshow

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

O’Connell is better than fields

Yes A O’Connell is better more accurate passer, but if Kliff Kingsbury gets the offense coordinators  job, than J Fields is better fit, than the pure pocket passer A O’Connell.    The cost to acquire won’t be as high if you move up for one top three QBs.    The Raiders have more than enough weapons for J Fields to thrive.   

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Yes A O’Connell is better more accurate passer, but if Kliff Kingsbury gets the offense coordinators  job, than J Fields is better fit, than the pure pocket passer A O’Connell.    The cost to acquire won’t be as high if you move up for one top three QBs.    The Raiders have more than enough weapons for J Fields to thrive.   

Kliff Kingsbury at OC?  With Antonio Pierce as HC?  What is the over/under on games before Pierce has his hands around Kingsbury's neck on the sidelines?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Kliff Kingsbury at OC?  With Antonio Pierce as HC?  What is the over/under one games before Pierce has his hands around Kingsbury's neck on the sidelines?

Some guys weren’t meant to be head coaches( see Josh McDaniel) but as offensive coordinator they are much better.     Kingsbury has developed some pretty good Qbs - Patrick Mahomes , Johnny Manziel, kyler Murray and Caleb Williams .   I be happy for Kingsbury to be the offensive coordinator as I rather have him than Adam Gase.        After Antonio Pierce took over Adam Gase offense became a big part of their plays.   Only reason I was hesitant to give Pierce the job if Adam Gase would have been his OC.     

On 1/10/2024 at 6:45 PM, Raideraholic said:

The only way the Raiders even think trading still one premier wide receivers in the game  is to use as draft capital to trade up for franchise qb.( going to be expensive to move up for that Qb.  Last year Ziegler( Gm)  was going to trade up for Cj Stroud  with the Bears , but was overruled by josh Mcdaniels. ( his boss)     They know it’s going to cost multiple first round draft choices and much more to move up for that Qb .      If you tell me Michael Penix would be there at 13 , or when bears second first round pick come up ( Raiders Fo and Bears Fo know each other) you don’t even think about trading D Adams .   Raiders could sign Russell Wilson for 1 .1 million dollars ( Broncos pay the rest) when he’s cut. ( would love  to show up Broncos but would he ruin the chemistry in locker room. ( no one likes him) 

You put a lineup Lt Kolton Miller ( top 7 Lt when healthy) Lg T Munford ( like better here than rt C move him here Dylan Parham ( let Andre James whose a. Solid starter but struggles against the big Dt  go in Fa. Rg Dj Fluker - in tremendous shape Rt -re-sign  J Eluemunor    Dalton Wagner Undrafted Fa they hid away on ir.  ( can only play Rt)ideallly Eluemunor would be swing tackle .  You get someone in draft or fa that better than him.   If not okay playing him there.  Russell Wilson   Wr Devante Adams 1a 1b Jakobi Meyers  Slot wr Tre Tucker - speed to burn  Hunter Renfrow will be June 1 cut with Jimmy G .   Te Michael Mayer a complete Te .( block and catch ) they probably let Josh Jacobs go z White proved he can be the guy .  

The defense is young and really came on improve so much under Antonio pierce. They are just a couple pieces away they need Bigtime  Dt ( this where you pay big time in Fa) , and top cb .  ( draft)   Raiders kicking game Kicker and punter are elite .   

Yawn. And congrats on the elite punter!

9 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Fields is not the player Kyler Murray was/is

16 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Fields is not the player Kyler Murray was/is

What do like about Fields is he’s 6’3 228 , while Kyle Murray not even 6 feet.    I don’t think it’s a bad option because he makes like 3.4 million something like that next year.( before have decide if you are going to give him big money).   They are eating Jimmy G salary .   Rumor is they are going to try to trade up to number 1.   Caleb Williams -   I’m more Jayden  Daniels guys.( Antonio Pierce guy) .   
The third string Qb they signed to future deal Anthony Brown Oregon/ Ravens tends to make you believe the reports kingsbury will be the OC.   

On 1/18/2024 at 4:18 AM, Raideraholic said:

What do like about Fields is he’s 6’3 228 , while Kyle Murray not even 6 feet.    I don’t think it’s a bad option because he makes like 3.4 million something like that next year.( before have decide if you are going to give him big money).   They are eating Jimmy G salary .   Rumor is they are going to try to trade up to number 1.   Caleb Williams -   I’m more Jayden  Daniels guys.( Antonio Pierce guy) .   
The third string Qb they signed to future deal Anthony Brown Oregon/ Ravens tends to make you believe the reports kingsbury will be the OC.   

Murray can read defenses and go through progressions.  Fields can’t.  That’s why the bears are moving on and any team that goes after Fields are going for fools gold