Rex Ryan ‘would not be shocked’ if Bills fire Sean McDermott for Bill Belichick

3 hours ago, FootballLove said:

I mean that's the thing. Belly ain't no spring chicken that can ride out a 3-4-5 year rebuild. He wants nothing more than to go out on top, winning his own SB w/o Tom Brady under center.

Seems to me Belichick will go to a team with a legit shot. Probably won't be here, but it would be very tempting form him. Aaron Rodgers, Garrett, Breece, plus that Defense he always loves to coach.

I'd still happily take BB if he'd come here but I can't imagine that he feels anything but disdain for Woody and the Jets' organization.

5 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Would not surprise me to see the Bills get rid of Diggs and replace him with Mike Evans or Tee Higgins.

Can't really ding McDermott too badly for trying the fake punt. The Chiefs had ten men on the field at the time. If not going to go for the fake punt when your opponent does not have its full complement on the field, when would you go for it?

I am not even sure that McDermott could prevent the fake punt at that point. I would think you see ten men and it is a rule based on distance to automatically go for it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Would not surprise me to see the Bills get rid of Diggs and replace him with Mike Evans or Tee Higgins.

Can't really ding McDermott too badly for trying the fake punt. The Chiefs had ten men on the field at the time. If not going to go for the fake punt when your opponent does not have its full complement on the field, when would you go for it?

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I am not even sure that McDermott could prevent the fake punt at that point. I would think you see ten men and it is a rule based on distance to automatically go for it.

That's obviously why Rex thinks he's going to get kicked out of the coaching fraternity.

On 1/24/2024 at 1:14 PM, static14 said:

He's not staying in the AFC East. He's going to a trash conference where he has a chance to ride off with some wins. 

BB had his chance with the falcons and instead he used them as window dressing to try to get the cowboys job.

What an idiot.  Belichick only needed a semi-decent qb in ATL with all those weapons with that joke of a division he probably wins the AFC South.

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

BB had his chance with the falcons and instead he used them as window dressing to try to get the cowboys job.

What an idiot.  Belichick only needed a semi-decent qb in ATL with all those weapons with that joke of a division he probably wins the AFC South.

I think his ego is the big roadblock. I read an article yesterday that basically said he's still pushing for total control with whatever team hires him. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2024 at 1:08 PM, static14 said:

I think his ego is the big roadblock. I read an article yesterday that basically said he's still pushing for total control with whatever team hires him. 

Has BB seen his draft record recently?  It gives our piss poor drafting a run for its money

• Haha 1