Life just got real

Some of you know that my son in law is a Trooper with the State Police, stationed here in Sussex County.  They are responsible for the little towns without their own police force, real low income towns with lots of drug addiction and hot bed for domestic disputes which are heated and unpredictable.   Well just got a call from my daughter as he was on the scene but not one of the Troopers who got shot with a BB gun.    He good.  But I can't wait until his 20 years are done.  Long ways away though.

https://nj1015.com/nj-troopers-seriously-injured-during-motel-shooting/

• Sympathy 7

Two State Police Troopers were shot with the bb gun and the bb was just a little smaller than a .22.  Both had vests but one was hit on the side through the opening and bb went through the lung, passed the spine by just a few millimeters and into the liver. Morristown Hospital.  My SIL was there for initial call when they decided to bring in the negotiation team for the stand down.  Suspect in custody and I think he was in my younger son's high school class about nearly a decade ago.

• Sympathy 2

On 1/31/2024 at 7:56 PM, Dcat said:

Two State Police Troopers were shot with the bb gun and the bb was just a little smaller than a .22.  Both had vests but one was hit on the side through the opening and bb went through the lung, passed the spine by just a few millimeters and into the liver. Morristown Hospital.  My SIL was there for initial call when they decided to bring in the negotiation team for the stand down.  Suspect in custody and I think he was in my younger son's high school class about nearly a decade ago.

I have a .22 Pellet still lodged in the muscle wall of my abdomen. Had a CT a couple of weeks ago at the VA and was surprised it's still there and pretty much intact. Got shot in the side with one in 1987 or so. One of 2 bits of metal I carry around.

Hope the guys are OK. Tell your son in law to watch his ass out there, NEVER get complacent, and never stop training... I know some cops that shoot maybe once a year at annual qual. Thats bullsh*t. Get to the range and practice in real world sims, even if its with Airsoft. Not kidding. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/31/2024 at 5:07 PM, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

I have a friend who will be hitting 30 years with the LAPD in December. He's retiring after that, his wife said that will the best Christmas present for her. Hope he and his colleagues are well.

My wife sold a house (and land) here in TN to someone from LAPD that retired a few years ago.  Traded the city for land in the sticks.

On 1/31/2024 at 4:48 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Praying for your son in law to make his 20 years safefully . Nowadays , no one , but no one , should be in law enforcement . They are not respected anymore . Our country has gone to sh=t .

Sad but true.It's a sign of the times. That's what they get when they keep trying to take God out of America. God help us all. 😌

On 1/31/2024 at 2:48 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Praying for your son in law to make his 20 years safefully . Nowadays , no one , but no one , should be in law enforcement . They are not respected anymore . Our country has gone to sh=t .

It's sad but somebody has to do the job. That's why I try my best to respect those who do it.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...