Justin Jefferson could be available via trade

10 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

we need lineman so a 3rd is not going to get us a starter and we have some of the same issues as last year. Unless we hit on someone in free agency then we need a 2nd....now that doesnt mean we will get it, just my opinion on what we will need at a minimum. I dont think they are at all in the slightest worries about a qb next year. They need oline, a starting wr and a backup. 

They dont give 2 shtts about a rookie qb this year, if they dont get the other things they wont be here to ever see the kid play. 

I mean it really should make no difference.  You're spending your 10th overall pick on a starting player, whether we draft someone with it or trade it away.  If we draft an OT, we need to sign another OT and a WR.  If we draft a WR, we need to sign two OTs.  Making this move really changes nothing.  And please can we stop listing "backup" as if it'll be some massive obstacle....in reality signing a backup QB should be the easiest part of this offseason.  It'll cost, what?  $5M?  Probably less.  Like I get it's a hole but so is 4th string DT.  

Also I assure you this regime IS worried about the QB situation of the future, since I highly doubt they plan on this being their last year.  Even still, giving a lame-duck GM the power to trade future 1st rounders is some mickey mouse sh*t, so if he's not concerned about our future Rodgers replacement, Woody sure as hell should be.  Watch how attractive this franchise becomes for prospective GMs with no QB on the roster and no picks to obtain one.  Restart the circle of pain and misery.

38 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I mean it really should make no difference.  You're spending your 10th overall pick on a starting player, whether we draft someone with it or trade it away.  If we draft an OT, we need to sign another OT and a WR.  If we draft a WR, we need to sign two OTs.  Making this move really changes nothing.  And please can we stop listing "backup" as if it'll be some massive obstacle....in reality signing a backup QB should be the easiest part of this offseason.  It'll cost, what?  $5M?  Probably less.  Like I get it's a hole but so is 4th string DT.  

Also I assure you this regime IS worried about the QB situation of the future, since I highly doubt they plan on this being their last year.  Even still, giving a lame-duck GM the power to trade future 1st rounders is some mickey mouse sh*t, so if he's not concerned about our future Rodgers replacement, Woody sure as hell should be.  Watch how attractive this franchise becomes for prospective GMs with no QB on the roster and no picks to obtain one.  Restart the circle of pain and misery.

You said stop listing back up QB as if it will be some massive obstacle.........and in reality it "should be: the easiest part of the off season".........You have been around here long enough to know that neither of those things are true for this team "in reality"

I dont assume they are worried, I am telling you flat out they are NOT worried about the qb of the future. They dont have to plan on this being their last year but they have all been in the NFL to understand it is not a matter of if you will be fired but more when. If their current plan doesnt work for whatever reason they are gone and it is a reasonalble expectation. 

If you compare with the Tyreek trade, that yielded about 1200 points.

Give up 1st (1300 pts), 3rd (230 pts), 4th (70 pts) and 4th (66 pts) = 1666 points

for

JJ and 2nd (480 pts) 

Net = 1186

That equates to slightly higher trade away than the Tyreek trade since that trade had a couple of future picks worth less than current year chart. 

Would you do it? You still get a chance to draft a top 50 to pick an OL. 

20 hours ago, Untouchable said:

So?

We’re blowing this sh*t up in a couple of years anyway.

2024 and 2025 is the Jets window. Then we’re back to square one and will most likely be scraping sh*t from the bottom of the QB barrel as we’ve always done.

Go for it

Zach Wilson to Justin Jefferson I love it