9 current Jets players who will significantly impact the team’s draft strategy…

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

look in this thread for my numerous rebuttables to this.

We just had to sign a guard because we do not draft or develop them.  Simpson is a guard through and though, not a tackle, not a center a guard just like thomlinosn, we are paying gurads a lot instead of drafting them.

AVT was a tackle coming in that was moved to guard.

The solution seems to be draft tackles and then move them to guard which they cant play.  (mitchell and warren)

Draft a Center and then say oh we will just move him to guard.

The jets have had lots of picks the last 5 years and have really not drafted a true guard, though you can stick avt there if you wish that being his best spot.

AVT was drafted as a G and played G at USC.  He had one season at LT.  I get what you are saying, but I think you are harping on the wrong thing.  This staff preaches versatility.  You don't like that, I get it.  You can move a T inside to guard, but it is much more rare to successfully kick a G outside.  Everybody loves the Cowboys line, well Tyler Smith was an obvious tackle prospect they kicked inside.  The 2023 all-pro list has Thuney who is a college LT,  Zack Martin played college LT and Smith.  Chris Lindstrom is the only one who was a college G.  NFL guards are quite often just LT with short arms.  Plenty of people saw Mitchell as a choice to move inside, though everybody said he needed more functional strength.  I don't know much about Warren coming out because I simply did not read much about him.