2024 Yankees season thread

On 8/7/2024 at 10:34 PM, bicketybam said:

I've seen enough of Warren. Send that guy back down.

Needs better command but sometimes you need to suffer with them a little, he has good stuff, I’d give him a few more chances with BLAKE continuing to work with him.

theres a pitcher there, a starter, I think.

On 8/8/2024 at 10:16 PM, Leftylarry said:

Needs better command but sometimes you need to suffer with them a little, he has good stuff, I’d give him a few more chances with BLAKE continuing to work with him.

theres a pitcher there, a starter, I think.

Nestor and Stroman can routinely get lit up every turn in the rotation but heaven forbid a rookie in his first start struggle

This rotation needs a lot next offseason.  I don’t know if Cole is even going to opt out of his contract 

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Rice isn't even batting his weight.

The police is back looking up posts about the Yankees backup 1B from 2 months ago.  Trevino can’t hit and a one legged man could steal on him.  Doesn’t matter he’s good as gone Narvaez will be the backup C next season anyway

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The police is back looking up posts about the Yankees backup 1B from 2 months ago.  Trevino can’t hit and a one legged man could steal on him.  Doesn’t matter he’s good as Narvaez will be the backup C next season anyway

You said Wells couldn't hit a beach ball. He's the starting catcher who is hitting 50 points higher than Rice.

4 hours ago, Barton said:

Austin wells developed when he got to play every day. They need to do the same with Ben Rice. And Verdugo is just not working out. He’s fallen off a cliff. Call up Jasson. 

Wells got hot as a hitter it will go away.  Same thing happened to Trevino.  Agree on verdugo I can see why Boston was anxious to move on

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Wells got hot as a hitter it will go away.  Same thing happened to Trevino.  Agree on verdugo I can see why Boston was anxious to move on

Fingers crossed that Rice gets hot and bats his weight.

12 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He’s been our second best pitcher this season only to Rodon (he’s actually been better than Cole).  

Nestor with a gem last night! 7 innings of shutout ball give the pen a needed rest. Thank you, Nestor, thank you!

22 hours ago, chirorob said:

Hey. Who was the one complaining the Yanks didn't give Benitendi 5 years, 75 million?

Dude has fallen off after the wrist injury that he incurred here during his brief stay. Fair. 

10 hours ago, chirorob said:

Easy.

12 years, 600?   I could see that.

That’s what I think it’s going to take to retain him. A power lefty who hits for a high average and a high OBP. Soto is born to be a Yankee. Hal better get that checkbook armed and ready or else he’ll take his act to Queens.

10 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

That’s what I think it’s going to take to retain him. A power lefty who hits for a high average and a high OBP. Soto is born to be a Yankee. Hal better get that checkbook armed and ready or else he’ll take his act to Queens.

Soto has to think about who will be batting behind him if he goes to the Mets. You can't get much better than being protected in the lineup by Judge.

On 8/15/2024 at 5:02 AM, bicketybam said:

Soto has to think about who will be batting behind him if he goes to the Mets. You can't get much better than being protected in the lineup by Judge.

Soto is going to highest bidder and cohen is the richest owner in North American sports.  I still think the Yankees outbid the Mets or at least match the offer but we got Dominguez and Jones waiting in the minors they may just say screw it and invest other free agents who also fill needs and cost a fraction of what Soto will

13 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Soto is going to highest bidder and cohen is the richest owner in North American sports.  I still think the Yankees outbid the Mets or at least match the offer but we got Dominguez and Jones waiting in the minors they may just say screw it and invest other free agents who also fill needs and cost a fraction of what Soto will

Full House 90S Tv GIF

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

5th start in a row that Gil has gone 5 innings or less. Only made it through 3 tonight. He throws a lot of pitches. Arm fatigue?

He's had arm fatigue for over a month. Yankees management are CLUELESS.

Look at these at bats from DJ LaMaheiu. He is TOAST. And they just keep on playing him game after game.

Hard to take this team seriously. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, bicketybam said:

5th start in a row that Gil has gone 5 innings or less. Only made it through 3 tonight. He throws a lot of pitches. Arm fatigue?

He's coming off of surgeries, he is at his innings limit for the year.   Dude needs to be shut down, for his future health as well as the fact he isn't helping the team with 6 walks in 3 innings.

11 hours ago, Barton said:

He's had arm fatigue for over a month. Yankees management are CLUELESS.

Look at these at bats from DJ LaMaheiu. He is TOAST. And they just keep on playing him game after game.

Hard to take this team seriously. 

DJ up, man on 3rd, no outs.  K

DJ up, men on corners, 1 out, weak AB. 

He is slugging 250.   Slugging.   Nice career, by all accountants a good dude.  He is done.

On 6/21/2024 at 10:08 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

8 bajillion innings 

the rest is more important than innings count.  Are we supposed to sub him out of the rotation for Nestor “I only pitch 4 innings” Cortes or Clarke “I only pitch 4 innings” Schmidt because he might pitch x number innings?

5 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He's coming off of surgeries, he is at his innings limit for the year.   Dude needs to be shut down, for his future health as well as the fact he isn't helping the team with 6 walks in 3 innings.

This is what I said back in June. Not only has he pitched more innings in a season than ever before, he's doing it coming off of TJ surgery.

He's a talented pitcher and he's been one of our best, but it's not worth risking blowing his arm out especially when he can't make it 5 innings any more.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

This is what I said back in June. Not only has he pitched more innings in a season than ever before, he's doing it coming off of TJ surgery.

He's a talented pitcher and he's been one of our best, but it's not worth risking blowing his arm out especially when he can't make it 5 innings any more.

He also left yesterday with a back strain.   Best case, shut him down a few weeks, use him out of the pen in the playoffs.

When is Schmidt coming back?