Jets Have Two WRs Drafted Top 10, Do They Need a Third?

5 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Highly unlikely that he'll be there at 10.

If the Jets really want him, they'd almost certainly have to trade up.

As far as going OL if he's not there, I agree with you.

Yea, I think he'll be gone. I would be down for a trade up to 7 or 8, but I think it's probably unlikely. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, I think he'll be gone. I would be down for a trade up to 7 or 8, but I think it's probably unlikely. 

Considering we don't have a full compliment of draft picks this year, I agree with you that it's probably unlikely.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You answered yourself in your post. Williams is on a 1 year deal and has a significant injury history. He's a terrific player when healthy, but the Jets can't count on that. 

Getting a young stud WR to pair with GW for the next half dozen years makes a lot of sense. It's hard to have too many good WRs. 

And you kind of answered yourself, wisely IMO: “it’s hard to have too many good WRs.” (I’ve been saying the same to my fellow Jets fanatic brothers & friends)  

To achieve this the question is: are the Jets better served constructing a Packers-type high quality WR group, or a top-heavy group like Philly? I prefer the former. Garrett as a your star No. 1, two solid No. 2s, and a potent fourth receiver.

Which means not drafting another WR top 10, unless he drops & the value is simply too much to pass up. 

Otherwise consider trading down - or if not possible in to - the second round and take a WR there. Or if you’re enamored with a bunch of WRs sit tight and take one round 3. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Absolutely. 

You can make a great argument for tacking a tackle at 10. It comes down to which individual players you have rated higher. 

I have Odunze rated higher than any tackle in the draft, so if he's there, I want him. If he's not there, I'd probably go OL. 

My top 6 draft picks for the Jets:

1. Marvin Harrison

2. Odunze

3. Joe Alt

4. Nabors

5. Fashanu

6. Fuaga

If none of these are available, I would try to trade down, no more than #20, and pick up a 2nd round pick.

At #20-  Tyler Guyton or Fautano

In the second round, I pick up the top rated wide receiver still on the board.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 4/22/2024 at 1:10 PM, Ulrich said:

Wilson & Williams. Granted the latter is on a one year deal, soon 30 with a lot of mileage & coming off a torn ACL. 

But the point stands. Jets need a top WR group for ‘24 & beyond not necessarily three top 10 picks. They can take a page from Green Bay who’ve constructed a potent group nary a first rounder among them. 

Not having a second really hurts. Plenty of impressive WR prospects deep in to round 2. 

If Odunze falls obviously JD will be hard pressed not to take him based purely on value. But speaking of value apparently JD doesn’t like taking WRs round 1, unless they’re exceptional talents like a G Wilson. 

So I don’t see JD trading up for a WR unless it’s for ‘25 picks. So Odunze falls looks like it’ll be OL or Bowers at 10. Then a WR rounds 3 or 4. 

Yes we need a WR. No more first round OL