Patriots' Draft - What Scenarios Do You NOT Want To Happen?

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

No reason to believe they have any ability to support or develop him. Threadbare offensive talent, an org that had Joe Judge and Matt Patricia running their offense two years ago and ruined Mac Jones. Defensive HC who wants to trade down, meddlesome buffoon son of the owner who wants to play GM.

Obviously if they simply land a guy who's a total stud that would suck but they're not in a great position to turn this thing around anytime soon and I don't really fear them at all.

The mystique is gone. It's clear that Brady was everything "special" about them.

In terms of development, the OL and receivers are definitely massive question marks still, though I expect we use #34 to draft either a WR or Tackle, depending on who is available.  However, the rest of your comment doesn't make much sense to me.

The coaching staff reference doesn't make sense, given that the prior HC who hired Judge and Patricia is gone,  We have a new OC and new QB coach who came with him.  There is zero connection to those guys on offense.  There has been nothing out of Mayo and Wolf suggesting that they intend to trade down (and all the rumors from every NE reporter or national pundit says the Pats won't trade down unless they get a massive bag in return).  Also, it seems like a completely normal thing for ownership to weigh in on drafting the possible new face of the franchise, given the direct impact an otherwise tanky season can have on fan enthusiasm and thus sales/revenue.

Im definitely a bit concerned about Maye and Daniels.  Both qbs would have been serious  competitors to be drafted number 1 in a different year.  Maye gives me Justin Herbert vibes, and Daniels is (imo) going to be a probowl player for years soon enough. 

I like both of these guys over Caleb tbh (I see why Caleb has to go first but he has imo much more bust potential).

If the patriots gets one of those two guys (or Marvin Harrison), i’m not super happy.

Just now, Hael said:

Im definitely a bit concerned about Maye and Daniels.  Both qbs would have been serious  competitors to be drafted number 1 in a different year.  Maye gives me Justin Herbert vibes, and Daniels is (imo) going to be a probowl player for years soon enough. 

I like both of these guys over Caleb tbh (I see why Caleb has to go first but he has imo much more bust potential).

If the patriots gets one of those two guys (or Marvin Harrison), i’m not super happy.

As far as I'm concerned, the Pats can have MHJ.  I just don't want them to have a quality QB throwing it to him.

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't want to see them take Jayden Daniels and, tbh, I'm kind of worried about them getting JJ McCarthy.  Them getting another smart Michigan QB with a strong arm gives me PTSD.

Let them overdraft a crappy QB for once and set their franchise back ~5 years.

I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF