Tua Absent From Off-season Activities - Contract. Update: Tua Growing Impatient

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Burrow is always injured and has great weapons.  He makes 55 mil a year.  Tua at 52 mil is the right number.

Tua has the added advantage of playing his home games in a favorable climate. I understand Miami’s concerns, he’s a tough guy to evaluate. He also has a concerning injury history. He bulked up last year to survive, did, and now he’s dropping some of that weight? There’s a lot of context there beyond, “the most passing yards one season.” He might be worth $50M+, he certainly has been good. I just wouldn’t want to be the team paying him.

1 minute ago, slats said:

Tua has the added advantage of playing his home games in a favorable climate. I understand Miami’s concerns, he’s a tough guy to evaluate. He also has a concerning injury history. He bulked up last year to survive, did, and now he’s dropping some of that weight? There’s a lot of context there beyond, “the most passing yards one season.” He might be worth $50M+, he certainly has been good. I just wouldn’t want to be the team paying him.

If you are not paying that, then what do the Dolphins do?

This isnt a green bay situation where you have a kid like love in the bullpen.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If you are not paying that, then what do the Dolphins do?

This isnt a green bay situation where you have a kid like love in the bullpen.

I get it. They either pay him now or (at a minimum) tag him later. To me, it’s a bit of a rock and a hard place. I mentioned it before in this thread, but the fish are already over the 2025 cap by something like $10M. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Not the same. Tue could get his contract, smack his head the turf, get a concussion and be done. Burrow simply needs to rub some dirt on it. 

Joe Burrow has waaaaaaaaaaaay higher injury risk guy then Tua.

As per DraftSharks:

2024 outlook:

Joe Burrow - High Risk of Injury - 63.3%

Tua - Medium Risk of injury - 49.1%

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

As per DraftSharks:

2024 outlook:

It’s not the risk of injury as much as the kind of injury. Tua is a head hitting  the turf away from never playing again. Concussions only get worse each time. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

As per DraftSharks:

2024 outlook:

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s not the risk of injury as much as the kind of injury. Tua is a head hitting  the turf away from never playing again. Concussions only get worse each time. 

exactly.  And those stats are purely guess work and ridiculous.  And they make it look precise to a tenth of a percent.  Total guesses.  Moronic.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Concussion dont seem to be very common for qbs.  Tua getting through 18 games unscathed should take away any concern about the head injuries.