The Strev back where he belongs...

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The bad news is that my Edmonton Elks are once again a dismal 0-4 so far this year, the good news is that both Hamilton and Winnipeg are also both 0-4.

The Elks have lost their last 3 games all by 3 points, I swear they are the stupidest team alive.  They just toss game after game after game away by simple stupidity (penalties at crucial times, turnovers, coaching errors, dropped passes)

edmonton-elks.jpg

Sounds like they ought to be the Edmonton Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The bad news is that my Edmonton Elks are once again a dismal 0-4 so far this year, the good news is that both Hamilton and Winnipeg are also both 0-4.

The Elks have lost their last 3 games all by 3 points, I swear they are the stupidest team alive.  They just toss game after game after game away by simple stupidity (penalties at crucial times, turnovers, coaching errors, dropped passes)

edmonton-elks.jpg

That coach must have dirt on the owners to still be there after all of this time. He's terrible. Lol

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

That coach must have dirt on the owners to still be there after all of this time. He's terrible. Lol

At this point it is more of a money issue to be honest.

Also The Elks have been a community owned team (like the Packers) for years and years but the weak and totally useless old boys club board of directors is presnetly looking to go the private ownership route so there will be new private owners probably by the end of the year.  (Which is going to be a disaster imo)

43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Huh?  I'm defending an NFL QB who was picked #2 overall.  You're defending a backup QB in the CFL whose team is 0-4.

Yes, you’re defending a # 2 overall pick whose pro career has gone only slightly better than Chris Streveler’s to date.  Thanks for furthering my point.

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, you’re defending a # 2 overall pick whose pro career has gone only slightly better than Chris Streveler’s to date.  Thanks for furthering my point.

It "furthers your point" that you're defending a backup QB for a winless CFL team over an NFL QB who was picked #2 overall?  That must be some point you're making!

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It "furthers your point" that you're defending a backup QB for a winless CFL team over an NFL QB who was picked #2 overall?  That must be some point you're making!

lol.  The point is if Zach Wilson weren't a # 2 overall pick, he'd be a backup for a CFL team too.  Why you Zach stans go out of your way to rip on QBs we already know are bad is beyond me.  The whole point is you just won't admit Zach sucks.  Streveler can't throw a forward pass yet he still somehow performed better than Zach Wilson in that Jaguar game.  

Just say it one time for me.  Zach sucks.  With no qualifying statement following it.  Just say he sucks with a period at the end.  It'll be liberating, I promise.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  The point is if Zach Wilson weren't a # 2 overall pick, he'd be a backup for a CFL team too.  Why you Zach stans go out of your way to rip on QBs we already know are bad is beyond me.  The whole point is you just won't admit Zach sucks.  Streveler can't throw a forward pass yet he still somehow performed better than Zach Wilson in that Jaguar game.  

Just say it one time for me.  Zach sucks.  With no qualifying statement following it.  Just say he sucks with a period at the end.  It'll be liberating, I promise.

So the point you're making is "if reality was different then my argument would be correct"?

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So the point you're making is "if reality was different then my argument would be correct"?

Ironic of you to be talking about reality being "different" considering you constantly argue Zach would have been good if only he had different circumstances around him.  Meanwhile a well-respected QB guru has relegated him to 3rd on the depth chart in Denver and likely will be cutting him soon.  Guess Zach doesn't have enough weppinz.

The argument is Zach Wilson sucks, and you haven't earned the privilege on ripping on other QBs for as long as you continue to defend a similarly horrible one.  

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ironic of you to be talking about reality being "different" considering you constantly argue Zach would have been good if only he had different circumstances around him.  Meanwhile a well-respected QB guru has relegated him to 3rd on the depth chart in Denver and likely will be cutting him soon.  Guess Zach doesn't have enough weppinz.

The argument is Zach Wilson sucks, and you haven't earned the privilege on ripping on other QBs for as long as you continue to defend a similarly horrible one.  

odell-beckham.gif.633ff7eda703ecaf5049ad9da09032a1.gif

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2024 at 9:36 PM, Rangers9 said:

Ok so Strev tonight got his first CFL start since 2019 and got the W, the Blue Bombers beat OTT 25-16. First win for Winnipeg they're now 1-4. Strev was 13-21-127, 0 TDS, lg was 21 yards. He also ran 13-79, 1 Td. And he got help from his running back Brady Oliveira who was 23-129, 0 Td. 

Sign this beast!

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2024 at 11:36 PM, Rangers9 said:

Ok so Strev tonight got his first CFL start since 2019 and got the W, the Blue Bombers beat OTT 25-16. First win for Winnipeg they're now 1-4. Strev was 13-21-127, 0 TDS, lg was 21 yards. He also ran 13-79, 1 Td. And he got help from his running back Brady Oliveira who was 23-129, 0 Td. 

I watched the game. Winnipeg leaned heavily on their running game, which was the right move with Strev in there and their receiving corps being in rough shape.Their RB is a stud. Excellent player. He and Strev wore out Ottawa as the game progressed.