ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

Looks like Nix will be their starter probably Payton will announce this week and not play him in final game. One announcer said that Stidham would cost Denver more to keep on roster. I think he has 2 year 10 million deal but if they release him only owe 1 million while Denver pays Zach 2.75 for 2024. Which is guaranteed. If Zach isn't terrible next week and he wasn't that bad tonight he had two dropped passes in his first series and another on that failed challenge, the safety wasn't his fault and team scored 10 points in his stint. He could get traded to a backup slot if he's beat out by Stidham. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Looks like Nix will be their starter probably Payton will announce this week and not play him in final game. One announcer said that Stidham would cost Denver more to keep on roster. I think he has 2 year 10 million deal but if they release him only owe 1 million while Denver pays Zach 2.75 for 2025. Which is guaranteed. If Zach isn't terrible next week and he wasn't that bad tonight he had two dropped passes in his first series and another on that failed challenge and team scored 10 points in his stint. He could get traded to a backup slot if he's beat out by Stidham. 

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

• Haha 2

Dammit if we had Minshew, Teddy B, Tyrod, Flacco, Wentz, or a half dozen other guys last year we would've been in the playoffs. What a stunning dereliction of duty by the Jets front office.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

You did, not free me from what I remember. Didn't like the draft pick from the start. @jgb

I don't know what you're saying but I'm happy to you have on board.

Choo-choo mother ****er!

Just one more point on that safety. The first play of that series the Denver RB had a long run over 20 which was called back because of holding and pushed Denver inside the 5 like the 2 or 3 yard line. And on the next play GB player ran in unblocked to sack Zach. So how was that his fault? 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Just one more point on that safety. The first play of that series the Denver RB had a long run over 20 which was called back because of holding and pushed Denver inside the 5 like the 2 or 3 yard line. And on the next play GB player ran in unblocked to sack Zach. So how was that his fault? 

You remind me of the Japanese soldiers hiding in the jungle in 1965 who didn't realize WWII was over.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I was saying all of us who raised the red flag early took our shots, but here we are, on the mountaintop, victorious.

Got it. Not really victorious though as it's bad for the Jets. However if Rodgers works out, I say JD rectified it well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BradSmith16fan said:

Got it. Not really victorious though as it's bad for the Jets. However if Rodgers works out, I say JD rectified it well.

You know, sometimes being right just has to be its own reward. It's not as good as the Jets winning, but it's something.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

You know, sometimes being right just has to be its own reward. It's not as good as the Jets winning, but it's something.

Zach stinking is fun because a lot of extremely arrogant people predicted he’d not only be better than Trevor Lawrence he would be as good as Pat Mahomes.  The level of confidence in this was absurd - like anyone who disagreed was a flat-earther

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Broncos failed Zach

Generally I'd think this was hilarious sarcasm but on this message board, Jesus it's just impossible to separate the parody from the reality.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach stinking is fun because a lot of extremely arrogant people predicted he’d not only be better than Trevor Lawrence he would be as good as Pat Mahomes.  The level of confidence in this was absurd - like anyone who disagreed was a flat-earther

Being wrong is to be human. But like you said, the vitriol -- questioning our fandom, our motives, accusing us of secretly hating the Jets -- yeah that does leave an lasting impression.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Nothing was ever his fault huh.  Sounds like something to put on the ol’ tombstone.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing is ever his fault huh.

Real fans blame the entire organization -- the other 52 players, the coaches, the trainers, and the front office -- but never the QB. Only Jets haters say "Those other 150 people aren't so bad, it's this one guy dragging them down."

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Looks like Nix will be their starter probably Payton will announce this week and not play him in final game. One announcer said that Stidham would cost Denver more to keep on roster. I think he has 2 year 10 million deal but if they release him only owe 1 million while Denver pays Zach 2.75 for 2024. Which is guaranteed. If Zach isn't terrible next week and he wasn't that bad tonight he had two dropped passes in his first series and another on that failed challenge, the safety wasn't his fault and team scored 10 points in his stint. He could get traded to a backup slot if he's beat out by Stidham. 

When Klis was trying to make the point about Zach’s guaranteed money as justification for keeping him, Steve Levy jumped in and said something to the effect of “Stidham is loved in that locker room,” and Klis agreed. The backup QB to the rookie has to be a mentor who shows the rookie how to navigate aspects of leadership and off-field behavior. Zach offers nothing to the team as far as that’s concerned. Stidham stinks, but he’ll stick for the intangibles alone. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When Klis was trying to make the point about Zach’s guaranteed money as justification for keeping him, Steve Levy jumped in and said something to the effect of “Stidham is loved in that locker room,” and Klis agreed. The backup QB to the rookie has to be a mentor who shows the rookie how to navigate aspects of leadership and off-field behavior. Zach offers nothing to the team as far as that’s concerned. Stidham stinks, but he’ll stick for the intangibles alone. 

Zach Wilson is utterly unlikeable. He may not be an obvious manchild like Geno was here, but people who defend him as a "good kid" haven't got a clue what resonates in a professional sports locker room. He sucks and he's an energy-sucking presence. Why would any team want him around?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Perhaps Zach should have deigned to interrupt his vacation to attend Camp Stiddy.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Perhaps Zach should have deigned to interrupt his vacation to attend Camp Stiddy.

No worries, he's gonna have all the vacation time he can handle in short order.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Zach Wilson is utterly unlikeable. He may not be an obvious manchild like Geno was here, but people who defend him as a "good kid" haven't got a clue what resonates in a professional sports locker room. He sucks and he's an energy-sucking presence. Why would any team want him around?

I don't recall any of that his teammates with the Jets supported him and haven't trashed him after his departure. The only time in question was after that 2022 Patriots game we lost 6-3 when he wouldn't take blame for almost zero offense. Some players were reportedly ticked off but he was like 22 years old he learned his lesson and later took the blame. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I don't recall any of that his teammates with the Jets supported him and haven't trashed him after his departure. The only time in question was after that 2022 Patriots game we lost 6-3 when he wouldn't take blame for almost zero offense. Some players were reportedly ticked off but he was like 22 years old he learned his lesson and later took the blame. 

The fundamental law of leadership is credit flows down, blame flows up. This is a guy who people have run interference for his entire life and he’s come to accept that as the natural order of things. He may not fundamentally be a bad person, I don’t know, but a leader he certainly is not. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach had to have an A game tonight and he basically had a C just 29 yards passing. But the important stat was the team scored 10 points while he was in and he threw a red zone TD pass. 

The first 3 came after a turnover by the D after which he went 3 and out.  lol.  It’s over, dude.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach had to have an A game tonight and he basically had a C just 29 yards passing. But the important stat was the team scored 10 points while he was in and he threw a red zone TD pass. 

I’ll tell you something, you best limber up before you play Zach Excuse Twister because brother, that game is terror on the joints and ligaments.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The first 3 came after a turnover by the D after which he went 3 and out.  lol.  It’s over, dude.

Even if he wasn’t sh*t tonight it would still be over. Sample size, sample size. Anyone who doesn’t admit it at this point may never do so. Homeboy is a lost cause.

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He didn’t score a C. He scored a Z. He’s a former 2nd overall pick with more NFL experience than everyone else on the field with him tonight combined. I mean, come on, what kind of curve are you grading him on here? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach at the least is one of the best 40 pro QBs and there's a job for him if he wants it. 

If he fails to beat out Jarrett Stidham you may have to re-think that assessment. Besides, I have a sinking suspicion the latter part of your premise is about to be tested in short order.

• Post of the Week 1

Zac Wilson is a 3rd stringer on a team with one of the weakest qb rooms in the league.  He had a bad preseason game against third string guys playing vanilla base D.  One or two more games like today and he is out of the league… Permanently.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1