Rodgers Is Still Rodgers

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not suggesting that he’s going to fall off a cliff, but it should be concerning that he’s 40, coming off an Achilles injury that’s going to limit his mobility, plays a style of ball that incurs contact, is playing behind an OL that’s never played together and will not practice together, and is playing for the OC that helped Russell Wilson get sacked 55 times, as you pointed out. 

That OC also helped Rodgers win back to back MVP's. 

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers’ career sack% is 6.5. Mahomes is at 4.0%. Brady, in Tampa, was down at 3.1%

Ok, so I guess I’m wondering how many more sacks per year is all that meaningful?

is 6.5 particularly bad? How many extra sacks are we really talking about? I get the concern at 40 - just wondering how impactful that difference really is 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Ok, so I guess I’m wondering how many more sacks per year is all that meaningful 

is 6.5 particularly bad? How many extra sacks are we really talking about? I get the concern at 40 - just wondering how impactful that difference really is 

It’s not so much the number of sacks we need to worry about, it’s the amount of contact he absorbs, the amount of rolling out he has to do, and the degree to which he’s asked to test that Achilles. It’d be ideal if he was a Marino/Brady type who stood in the pocket and got it out quick, but the numbers suggest he hasn’t been that guy as yet and it remains to be seen if he can become that guy. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, so I guess I’m wondering how many more sacks per year is all that meaningful?

Zach Wilson's career sack rate is 10.2% That should give you an idea.

• Haha 1

What is the incident rate of NFL players tearing their achilles twice? I'm sure the chances are elevated but I was wondering if there were real world examples of someone tearing their achilles, fully recovering and then tearing the same one again.

14 hours ago, bicketybam said:

What is the incident rate of NFL players tearing their achilles twice? I'm sure the chances are elevated but I was wondering if there were real world examples of someone tearing their achilles, fully recovering and then tearing the same one again.

From what I found it's about 5% chance of re injury after surgery and rehab and about 20% if no surgery and conventional treatment.

However those stats are based on the last 20 years and I did find one new study specific to Rodgers and the NFL factors in injury and re injury which is now being studied and hasn't reached conclusion. Guess Rodgers is now a guinea pig!  

I'm expecting a power running team.  Defenses will have to choose between bringing a safety down or letting Breece run for 2000 yards.  

Either way, we're successful because Rodgers will target Wilson 200 times in single coverage. 

I expect there will be a game or two where 8 will be forced to win a shootout, but just being good will be enough to win if the team stays healthy.