Julian Edelman on the Difference Between Jets and Giants Fans

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have 0 problem w/ PEDs being legal.  Id rather these guys be honest and transparent about what they are doing rather then this silly charade that guys like brady and lebron are natural.

100% agreed. This isn’t shooting D ball or anything else unmarked vial into your  ass in the locker room at the YMCA in 1975 so you can have a bigger chest than your sister.  still dangerous, if it’s between you having generational wealth? or not?  If that person choses, don’t care  either. Just do it the right away. 

But remember fella’s , the penis is the most important muscle in your body and the two nuts downstairs might  shrink and leave after steroid abuse! 

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

More proof ANYBODY can have a podcast. After telling us about Brady being a sociopath, what else does Edelman have to say. 

He’s sick and tired of fat guys confusing him with Wes Welker? 

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2024 at 12:49 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think I told this story about my early experiences of being a Jets fan a few times.  I'm 57 now, bty... Saw my first Jets game back in November of 1980.  My pop took me to see the Jets beat the Oilers.  I had never seen a football game and I wasn't too interested.  I loved the whole thing and begged my pop to take me to more games.  A Jets fan had been born.  

So... What were the Jets fans like ???

Half the men in the stadium looked and acted like Rocky's friend and brother in law, Pauly.  They had bottles of booze in little brown paper bags and would all yell out the same thing half the time... "YOU BUM... YOU BUM !!!"   Working class guys from Queens and Strong Island. Most of them looking like unmade beds or straight out of a depression era waterfront.  It gets better.  If you went out onto the concourse at half time, you could not get too close to the outside edge.  Why ??? Guys from the top tiers would PISS over the sides of the stadium and there would be streams of piss running down the sides.  Considering what the bathrooms looked like, it wasn't surprising.

Since the move to the Meadowlands and the subsequent era of corporate football, my old stadium mates have been a no show.  Sort of miss those days when everything actually belonged to the fans.  I think...

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I think I told this story about my early experiences of being a Jets fan a few times.  I'm 57 now, bty... Saw my first Jets game back in November of 1980.  My pop took me to see the Jets beat the Oilers.  I had never seen a football game and I wasn't too interested.  I loved the whole thing and begged my pop to take me to more games.  A Jets fan had been born.  

So... What were the Jets fans like ???

Half the men in the stadium looked and acted like Rocky's friend and brother in law, Pauly.  They had bottles of booze in little brown paper bags and would all yell out the same thing half the time... "YOU BUM... YOU BUM !!!"   Working class guys from Queens and Strong Island. Most of them looking like unmade beds or straight out of a depression era waterfront.  It gets better.  If you went out onto the concourse at half time, you could not get too close to the outside edge.  Why ??? Guys from the top tiers would PISS over the sides of the stadium and there would be streams of piss running down the sides.  Considering what the bathrooms looked like, it wasn't surprising.

Since the move to the Meadowlands and the subsequent era of corporate football, my old stadium mates have been a no show.  Soft of miss those days when everything actually belonged to the fans.  I think...

image.png

Shea Stadium in December was the coldest place on earth, because it was open and windy as hell. Could be a nice 45 degree day, but that wind made it bad.  Plus being  stupid teenagers, we refused to wear hats and thought a denim jacket with rock band patches plus a hoodie were sufficient for the elements. Only concessions worth a damn were coffee and hot chocolate. You could get lousy tap beer in  a paper cup that would collapse if you didn't drink it fast enough.  I also recall the very last game there vs. the Steelers with everyone breaking the stadium chairs and trying to take them out. This was thousands of guys kicking the chairs until they broke, probably because they were drunk and angry, since the Jets lost and were eliminated from the playoffs. 

As much as Shea was a pretty easy ride from and to Brooklyn via car or subway, could never fault Hess for the move. The Jets were treated badly by NYC. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Shea Stadium in December was the coldest place on earth, because it was open and windy as hell. Could be a nice 45 degree day, but that wind made it bad.  Plus being  stupid teenagers, we refused to wear hats and thought a denim jacket with rock band patches plus a hoodie were sufficient for the elements. Only concessions worth a damn were coffee and hot chocolate. You could get lousy tap beer in  a paper cup that would collapse if you didn't drink it fast enough.  I also recall the very last game there vs. the Steelers with everyone breaking the stadium chairs and trying to take them out. This was thousands of guys kicking the chairs until they broke, probably because they were drunk and angry, since the Jets lost and were eliminated from the playoffs. 

As much as Shea was a pretty easy ride from and to Brooklyn via car or subway, could never fault Hess for the move. The Jets were treated badly by NYC. 

. the wind there was out of hand.  when you got home after a winter game your face looked like you were on a beach in the sun from the wind burn you would get. and all the drunken fights there.  a jets game at shea was the only nfl  football stadium where the players would stop to watch the fans hit and be hit. i also remember the fans pulling down the goalposts after that steelers game.  i was there too.  and next season, we went to see the jets at a stadium named for the giants.  top shelf.  nothing but the best... 

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2024 at 5:48 PM, Bugg said:

I never went to a game at Shea. I wish my Dad took me that would have been a great memory. First game I went to was in 1988 when I got season tickets and I haven't stopped going since.

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2024 at 9:02 AM, rangerous said:

was edelman invited to join brady in tampa?  didn't think so.

What an fu.  Lol.  Brady asked Rob Gronkowski with 9 million concussions and broken bones everywhere to join him in Tampa but Edelman go get $800 a week to say nothing on Inside the NFL

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2024 at 5:48 PM, Bugg said:

I went to one jets game back in 1974. They beat the bills.  Ralph baker int.  But the stadium was pretty bad.  You can’t fault Hess for wanting something better but maybe sharing a stadium with the giaints and in the middle of a swamp wasn’t the best idea.  It’s unfortunate the west side stadium was never built.  Hers to hoping this rumor about a new stadium next to citi field becomes real.

On 7/8/2024 at 10:02 AM, rangerous said:

was edelman invited to join brady in tampa?  didn't think so.

Well, he was under contract to New England through 2021.  There is that.

Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

As far as the OP, is he wrong?  Not really.