Sean Payton: Broncos QB Zach Wilson to make 53-man roster

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Well .. he would be an expensive cut ... I think the broncos knew this was a project.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Payton said that they have plenty of cap space and that they weren't worried about any financial ramifications from having 3 QBs on the roster.  Now as Crusher pointed out, he may have just been saying that in case a team inquires about trading for Zach, but if you watched the video of Zach's plays in that game, he looks like a much different, much better QB than we saw with the Jets.

5 hours ago, JKlecko said:

Payton said that they have plenty of cap space and that they weren't worried about any financial ramifications from having 3 QBs on the roster.  Now as Crusher pointed out, he may have just been saying that in case a team inquires about trading for Zach, but if you watched the video of Zach's plays in that game, he looks like a much different, much better QB than we saw with the Jets.

Zach is two season ending injuries to Nix and Stidham away from proving us haters wrong

• Haha 3

On 8/26/2024 at 7:40 PM, Rangers9 said:

Zach got the greatest opp here in NY and he sucked. So it's not just the team's fault it's mostly on him. And along the way because of this major miscalculation by the org he not only got himself fired he could get everybody else fired. Except for the worst one the owner here. But he's not as bad as his detractors say he is and has the potential to turn it around. As for ruining your life because he took 3 years out of it get real. Look btw in that years draft most of the top QBs drafted high are out too. 

And?  The whole point is if we had done the smart thing and taken Chase/Pitts/Sewell instead and/or traded down and gone with a vet QB at the time we’d have ended our playoff drought at some point since 2021, possibly even with multiple playoff berths and even, dare I say it, contention for a division title.  

It’s not just that Zach sucked and busted.  It was the opportunity cost for taking him AND wasting an otherwise strong roster.   He didn’t waste 3 years of my life but he sure as sh*t wasted 3 years of Jets football.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Well .. he would be an expensive cut ... I think the broncos knew this was a project.

Well in that case I guess an extension must be coming seeing as he’s a FA after the season?  Gotta see that project through to the end!