Joe Douglas entering season with no extension

14 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

? Really. That strange cause I think the roster and stats say otherwise.

We all want 14 plus win season but it doesn't just happen by chance. You have to have a good roster and foundation. Well run FO and talented players . 

I mean look you can dismiss the talent, the drafts, the FO but it speaks for it self. Last year this roster with an abyssal line and worst QB play ever won Big games. 

Dismiss all you want but you sound like you haven't thought it through 

All of what you say is mere projection. At least have the sense to see how it plays out. JD's record is the only salient fact and the reason he has not been extended. There is no award given to whoever assembles the best roster on paper before the first game is played.

3 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

All of what you say is mere projection. At least have the sense to see how it plays out. JD's record is the only salient fact and the reason he has not been extended. There is no award given to whoever assembles the best roster on paper before the first game is played.

Would you rather have the Panthers roster?

3 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I think having a house in order and having a good roster year after year is the bench mark of a good GM. 

Just my opinion and that of teams like the ravens, 49ers, chiefs etc. But there are plenty of team thank I think agree with you like Cleveland. 

I just think Joes approach is the best and that us as jets fans are lucky to finally have a professional and grown up as GM.

50 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He doesn't coach.

The problem was we were out coaches. When talent and roster is similar. Coaching separates.

Pretty obvious 

We disagree on JD. I don't believe this roster is excellent. We are definitely poorly coached, but I do not agree that JD's approach is "best" and I do not agree that we are "lucky".

Right now he is a loser with multiple issues exposed in the first game of what will be his last season as a GM if they aren't fixed.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He doesn't coach.

The problem was we were out coaches. When talent and roster is similar. Coaching separates.

Pretty obvious 

Hope you didn't book your trip to New Orleans yet. It wasn't only coaching, many issues were exposed last night. Like I said, you don't win anything for constructing a roster on paper. That is pure hype.   

On 9/10/2024 at 8:11 AM, OilfieldJet said:

We disagree on JD. I don't believe this roster is excellent. We are definitely poorly coached, but I do not agree that JD's approach is "best" and I do not agree that we are "lucky".

Right now he is a loser with multiple issues exposed in the first game of what will be his last season as a GM if they aren't fixed.

We agree if we don't have good season , I say playoffs and at least a win, then yeah he might get smoked.

• Upvote 1

Be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. It is absolutely clear as day what the weakest link is ... That is Head Coaching.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1