The Jets should trade Sauce Gardner

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

First, I think Sauce is a great corner and a good dude, but I also think the Jets have to think about a future wherein they don’t make the playoffs with Rodgers and he bails. I do not want to pay Sauce and Garrett and Breece and Jermaine Johnson and, of those, Sauce is the most expendable. 

The going rate for a CB is currently around $25 mil per and a CB is only worth that if they’re truly lockdown in man to man *or* they produce a bunch of turnovers in zone. Sauce, in this defense, does neither. Brandin Echols and DJ Reed have both outplayed him this year. Sauce is expendable and soon to be expensive.

The Bengals need CB help in the worst way and they’re also 1-4. Maybe a Sauce for Tee Higgins trade makes sense? Maybe Sauce to the Raiders for Davante and picks? There’ll be a market for him, regardless. 

Don’t worry there will be a fire sale next off-season, when the new GM and HC are hired, part of total rebuild 4.0.

Sauce has not been good this year. That being said, he was a first team all pro his first 2 seasons and he (along with Breece and Garrett) have all taken a step back this year. I think it is unlikely that all 3 have regressed in their 3rd seasons when they should be hitting their primes. The common denominator (and IMO most likely cause for the dip in performance) is the coaching.