A Playmaker at #4

Jetsfanjan

I have been a lurker here for quite awhile but the pressure has gotten the best of me with this most important Saturday upon us. Our roster is so far from contending it really has MANY holes to fill, so many that trading up is beyond ridiculous. I feel that at #4 in the draft the Jets should draft an impact player a playmaker. Especially since we have picks 29 and 35 to address some of our many needs. I think that man is AJ Hawk. The scouts absolutely drool over this guy. Yes the draft is deep with linebacker prospects and linebacker amazingly is not one of our major needs but AJ is considered head and shoulders above the rest. I think Mangini sees him as his Teddy Bruschi, the leader of his defense for 10 years. He has the attitude that our FO is looking for. The Jets are not going to be fixed in a year lets get a mean nasty impact football player at the top of the draft.

Saturday can't get here soon enough. Lets go J E T S !!!!!!

I have been a lurker here for quite awhile but the pressure has gotten the best of me with this most important Saturday upon us. Our roster is so far from contending it really has MANY holes to fill, so many that trading up is beyond ridiculous. I feel that at #4 in the draft the Jets should draft an impact player a playmaker. Especially since we have picks 29 and 35 to address some of our many needs. I think that man is AJ Hawk. The scouts absolutely drool over this guy. Yes the draft is deep with linebacker prospects and linebacker amazingly is not one of our major needs but AJ is considered head and shoulders above the rest. I think Mangini sees him as his Teddy Bruschi, the leader of his defense for 10 years. He has the attitude that our FO is looking for. The Jets are not going to be fixed in a year lets get a mean nasty impact football player at the top of the draft.

Welcome to the family. You ready for your initiation?

Welcome.

Check the thread history. I've been on AJ's bandwagon for weeks.

He's the man at #4.

Let me guess, you are Brady Quinn's sister?

Seriously though, welcome aboard. I myself was a lurker last year around this time and I jumped on board not to far before the draft myself so I know how you feel. Basically, don't hold anything back and don't let tx piss you off (or isthat part of the initiation).

Let me guess, you are Brady Quinn's sister?

Seriously though, welcome aboard. I myself was a lurker last year around this time and I jumped on board not to far before the draft myself so I know how you feel. Basically, don't hold anything back and don't let tx piss you off (or isthat part of the initiation).

Actually more in the mold of Jan Michael Vincent. Thanks for the welcome folks. Go Green !!!!

Actually more in the mold of Jan Michael Vincent. Thanks for the welcome folks. Go Green !!!!

Solid second post!:cheers:

I really wouldn't mind most of the guys we could end up with with our 1st overall because they all really have attributes that I like:

D'Brick: solid, intelligent olineman

Williams: freak athlete that could seriously hurt Brady/Culpepper/whoever is the Bills' QB

Ngata: mammoth NT playing for his family

Hawk: throwback football player that loves to hit people

Davis: like Williams, freak athlete that has the potential to become a dominant pass catching te.

Honestly, I just want Saturday to get here so I can start rooting for my new favorite jet.

congrats on shedding your lurker status. our friend bob went thru tumoultous(spelling) times as a lurker on another site. he's ok now though

hawk @#4 does not excite me at #4 (little girls in plaid skirts do but thats another story)

looking at every aspect of our needs, the linebacker core is the only area we don't have urgent needs. with a healthy barton this year we're fine. its the area in front of & behind them where we have needs,which pale in comparison to our o line

Archived