hmm...interesting

gsnts725

Jets favor Leinart over FergusonBy Todd McShay Scouts Inc.According to a source, the Jets are far more interested in USC quarterback Matt Leinart than they are leading people to believe. They have attempted to play it cool recently, but the organization came to a near-consensus that Leinart is the top quarterback prospect after working out all three of the top prospects (Texas' Vince Young and Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler) during a six-day span over a week ago.

The Jets will likely take Matt Leinart -- if he's still on the board at No. 4. The Jets' trip to Eugene, Ore., to privately visit with QB Kellen Clemens was not a smoke screen, but it did help to draw attention away from their interest in Leinart. If Leinart comes off the board in the first three picks, the Jets likely will take Virginia offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson at No. 4 and then address the need for a young quarterback with Clemens in the second round (pick No. 35).

The Jets own seven of the first 117 overall picks in this draft, and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum and new head coach Mike Mangini subscribe to the Parcells/Belichick "more is better" theory -- particularly with a draft class so deep in talent. With that in mind, do not expect the Jets to part ways with picks in order to move ahead of the Titans, who are rumored to be undecided about whether to pick Leinart or Young at No. 3. However, the Jets apparently will pull for Leinart to slip to them at No. 4.

Although the Jets are hoping for the best with starting QB Chad Pennington, there is a strong feeling around team offices that Pennington will not be ready for the start of next season and can't be trusted to hold up for the entire season. Patrick Ramsey is a decent backup, but the team realizes his limitations. That's why, despite contrary reports, we've been told that the Jets will gladly select Leinart over Ferguson if faced with that decision at pick No. 4.

We'll add this opinion to the mountain of other opinions on what the Jets are going to do. Bottom line: nobody knows except Mangini and Tannenbaum. Saturday can't get here fast enough.

yeah, my inside source tells me that while the board is pretty much all set up for saturday, but only mangini & tennebaum have the special glasses required to see the names. & the glasses are said to be kept in al gores lock box

yeah, my inside source tells me that while the board is pretty much all set up for saturday, but only mangini & tennebaum have the special glasses required to see the names. & the glasses are said to be kept in al gores lock box

Now are these glasses that single red film feeling thing like half of 3d glasses used in board games,or are we talking 3d glasses?

And if it is 3d glasses,is it the simple red/blue lenses? Or is it some kind of "occular device" ala national treasure? Cause the type of secret glasses tangini uses will give us much needed insight into who theyre looking to draft. If its the national treasure 3d glasses with like 8 lenses,we're gonna trade up for bush; If its simple 3d glasses,were staying put and drafting dbrick/mario; and if its that one red strip...were trading down and drafting colonel mustard.

Now are these glasses that single red film feeling thing like half of 3d glasses used in board games,or are we talking 3d glasses?

And if it is 3d glasses,is it the simple red/blue lenses? Or is it some kind of "occular device" ala national treasure? Cause the type of secret glasses tangini uses will give us much needed insight into who theyre looking to draft. If its the national treasure 3d glasses with like 8 lenses,we're gonna trade up for bush; If its simple 3d glasses,were staying put and drafting dbrick/mario; and if its that one red strip...were trading down and drafting colonel mustard.

these are all great points shutout

:confused:

I'll get this confirmed by my sources but I think they're the cheap cardboard ones we got as kids with our magic sets

Jets favor Leinart over FergusonBy Todd McShay Scouts Inc.According to a source, the Jets are far more interested in USC quarterback Matt Leinart than they are leading people to believe. They have attempted to play it cool recently, but the organization came to a near-consensus that Leinart is the top quarterback prospect after working out all three of the top prospects (Texas' Vince Young and Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler) during a six-day span over a week ago.

The Jets will likely take Matt Leinart -- if he's still on the board at No. 4. The Jets' trip to Eugene, Ore., to privately visit with QB Kellen Clemens was not a smoke screen, but it did help to draw attention away from their interest in Leinart. If Leinart comes off the board in the first three picks, the Jets likely will take Virginia offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson at No. 4 and then address the need for a young quarterback with Clemens in the second round (pick No. 35).

The Jets own seven of the first 117 overall picks in this draft, and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum and new head coach Mike Mangini subscribe to the Parcells/Belichick "more is better" theory -- particularly with a draft class so deep in talent. With that in mind, do not expect the Jets to part ways with picks in order to move ahead of the Titans, who are rumored to be undecided about whether to pick Leinart or Young at No. 3. However, the Jets apparently will pull for Leinart to slip to them at No. 4.

Although the Jets are hoping for the best with starting QB Chad Pennington, there is a strong feeling around team offices that Pennington will not be ready for the start of next season and can't be trusted to hold up for the entire season. Patrick Ramsey is a decent backup, but the team realizes his limitations. That's why, despite contrary reports, we've been told that the Jets will gladly select Leinart over Ferguson if faced with that decision at pick No. 4.

Mike Mangini?

We'll add this opinion to the mountain of other opinions on what the Jets are going to do. Bottom line: nobody knows except Mangini and Tannenbaum. Saturday can't get here fast enough.

what's funny DNA is an article this morning said they ain't even telling their WIVES what they're gonna do

these are all great points shutout

:confused:

I'll get this confirmed by my sources but I think they're the cheap cardboard ones we got as kids with our magic sets

So your saying we won't be drafting Colonel Mustard? Damn,I really wanted him in green and white....

Archived