Big Ben vs Cowher

StillerPaul

Who wins this battle?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06134/690082-66.stm

"Every day, I kind of say something to coach Cowher, jokingly, hoping he'll take me seriously," Roethlisberger said midway through the Steelers' first two minicamp sessions yesterday.

Each day, Cowher smacks Roethlisberger's pass down as if he's a 6-foot-9 defensive end. "I like his thinking and I want a quarterback to think that way," Cowher said yesterday, "but it will not alter our approach to the game."

This is the Steelers big dilemna. When the heck will Bill let Ben be Ben?

depends on two things--#1, how well does the running game do without bettis as a short yardage guy. #2--how fast does holmes progress

Either way its probably only a matter of time since they did invest a first round pick into another WR...my thinking is they must be planning on more passing in the near future.

SP, don't mess with a Super Bowl Champion team. Keep doing what you guys have been doing the past 2 years.

Even if I still won't give Big Ben respect.

I think you want them to pass more to show me.;)

Cowher seems to keep the whole team on edge. This week's SI article gives you the sense that Hines Ward, All Pro for a while,still has a chip on his shoulder like he's still pissed he didn't start at UGA until he was a junior, was a 3rd rounder and that the Steelers have treated him like a FA by drafting Plexiglass. This is a guy who's a self-starter like nobody short of Martin in his prime. Cowher hasn't been as successful as you might like, but there seems to be something to keeping thes guys guessing and on edge rather than comfy.

First of all who the heck cares. This is a Jets site not a Steelers site. Go ask this question over there. Secondly, your team just won a superbowl. What are you bitching about. Our team hasn't won one in over 30 years. Be happy, they are obvisouly doing something right. :confused:

First of all who the heck cares. This is a Jets site not a Steelers site. Go ask this question over there. Secondly, your team just won a superbowl. What are you bitching about. Our team hasn't won one in over 30 years. Be happy, they are obvisouly doing something right. :confused:

Got 3 replies, so someone must care. I figured i'd give you guys a break from Jets talk all the time too. Umm, there is a reason that so many of us other team fans come here too ya know. :P

Yeah, I never knew why other fans come here. The only reason I care about another team is if they are getting rid of a player that might help the Jets. Now don't get me wrong I love to watch a good game of football, but what put me off was that fact that you are complaining and your team just won a stinking superbowl. You've got some great players, a awesome coach, and great fans. So enjoy your superbowl and pray you don't meet us in the playoffs. :)

The bigger question, when will Cowher let Big Ben throw more than 10 passes in a game?:eek:

steelers are screwed if they switch to a passin first type of attack...

STAY RUNNING first if you want to win...

Yeah, I never knew why other fans come here. The only reason I care about another team is if they are getting rid of a player that might help the Jets. Now don't get me wrong I love to watch a good game of football, but what put me off was that fact that you are complaining and your team just won a stinking superbowl. You've got some great players, a awesome coach, and great fans. So enjoy your superbowl and pray you don't meet us in the playoffs. :)

Bump for CoachTsurfing because he loves this thread so much. :Nuts:

Besides, my main Steelers board is DEAD this time of year so none of my Steeler fan brethren can argue this with me.

Just in case anyone gives a F, i think Bill should just let Whisenhunt and Ben run the offense and stay out of it. I like averaging 30 plus points a game. :P

Archived