Jets | Nugent has a better day Saturday

FoxJet

Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:21:20 -0700

Dan Martin, of the New York Post, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl">New York Jets PK Mike Nugent struggled Friday, June 16, but he recovered at minicamp Saturday, June 17. "I'm much more comfortable this year," said Nugent, who nailed several kicks of over 40 yards. "But I still have to prove myself. You can't afford to slip up in this league.":Typotux:

Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:21:20 -0700

Dan Martin, of the New York Post, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl">New York Jets PK Mike Nugent struggled Friday, June 16, but he recovered at minicamp Saturday, June 17. "I'm much more comfortable this year," said Nugent, who nailed several kicks of over 40 yards. "But I still have to prove myself. You can't afford to slip up in this league.":Typotux:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552599

21st in FG Pct

26th in points scored

zero for two in attempts 50+ yards

One touchback and that was a kick the return man let bounce in the end zone.

I'd say he still has to prove himself.

the fact that you remember that is pretty scary....

btw, how is the friggin kicker the chowds drafted in the 4th round doing?? lmao, what a joke, only a mislead franchise drafts kickers!!!

Maybe. Teams coming off a 68-23 run with three championships can afford to spend a 4th round pick on a kicker. 4th round picks do not always make teams. A second round pick on a kicker could be justified if it put you over the top. Nugent was not going to close the gap with New ENgland, Pittsburgh and Indy. AFter Nugent you were still 4th best in all possible best case scenarios.

Your 2nd round wasted draft pick had more kickoffs go out of bounds than he had go through the end zone.

Tx,

Did you watch the Jets last year? Westhoff told him to kick those balls out of bounds.

Having the other team start at the 40 was pretty much the best case scenario!

Tx,

Did you watch the Jets last year? Westhoff told him to kick those balls out of bounds.

Having the other team start at the 40 was pretty much the best case scenario!

That was under Herm's direction from what I've read. Herm figured he'd outsmart the rest of the league: if the opposing team scores REALLY fast, it'll get our defense off the field so they'll be well rested for the next time they have to go out there.

Pure genius.

if we didn't take nugent with that pick who would we have taken? Khalif Barnes? if we took Barnes who would we have taken with the 4 pick? Matt Fuggin Leinart? and we all know what a disaster that would have been.

by the transitive property the Nugent pick was one of the greatest in franchise history as it prevented us from taking a man who dates Paris Hilton.

Archived