What's the 2006 Jets Record Going to be?

SoFlaJets

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its July....and we have NO starting QB. If you know anything about the NFL, you understand that this is a huge problem.

Pennington cant throw deep outs. He cant throw deep period. Two torn shoulders for a guy who never had a strong arm in the first place. Every team knows this, defenses will push up, and our passing game will be in trouble.

Our RB is 33 and on the way out. Houston is a back up. THe Oline is young, real young. And thats not good.

WRs. Coles is a #2 at best. The rest of em suk.

This team is a MESS. We have ZERO.....ZERO offensive playmakers.

I like the defense but with a pitful offense it will be on the field way too long every week.

And what most disillusioned Jets fans dont understand is that the Jets are bringing in a whole new coaching staff with no experience and whole new system. This $hit takes time. This defense has been playing 4-3, the switch to 3-4 wont happen overnight.

We're looking at a 4 win season, with 3-13 not out of the question. Most definately were looking at another Top 4 pick in the draft.

I'll agree on all counts except that

"Its July....and we have NO starting QB. If you know anything about the NFL, you understand that this is a huge problem."

I would argue that the Redskins had a great season last year with Ramsey their starter heading into the season. Brady took over for Bledsoe mid-season and turned out a SB. Big Ben took over for Maddox after a couple games and led the team to a 15-1 record his rookie year so my point is that the QB situation could be better than we think. I think that its a testament to Clemmens that he's being called the favorite at this point. Forgetting about Pennington for a minute most people would agree that Ramsey was at least a decent QB when healthy for the skins' and he's supposedly looking better than him.

I am hoping for the best out of the QB but he will only be as good as his supporting cast in any regard.

• 3 months later...
Bump

1-7 heading into the bye week TX ?

good find CH-my contention has become-there is little difference in teams like we played yesterday and teams like Jacksonville (as THEY proved yesterday) it comes down to 2-3 plays a game and the 2-3 times the bad teams like the Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills will shoot themselves in the foot to lose games. The longer I watch this game the more convinced I've become that what I said earlier in this thread continues to be the case--on any given Sunday----I said 9-7 I'll go out on a limb now and say 10-6

I didnt weigh in on this thread originally, but I said in other posts that the Jets would be around .500

7-9

8-8

9-7

That was the "safe" prediction here. I just wanted in on this thread so it will be on record when it is bumped at the end of the season.

Tx, 1-7 at the break?

jeez, you must have been thinking about the fins when you wrote that.

Absolutely, and some people rolled their eyes at me when I predicted this.

yea raf there were way too many (supposed) Jets fans who before the season even started were talking about what would our chances be on getting Adrian Peterson after going 3-13-the glass-half-empty crowd I like to call them-screw you all...be a fan of the team you call YOUR team or just friggin shut up

Archived