Some more thoughts on today's game...

Jet/BosoxFan

like the majority of this rich and powerful nation (and like a small minority on this board) I was at work today and therefore missed the entire game. Saw the sportscenter highlights, though.

In the midst of all the Yankee chest pounding and (deserved in this case) Derek Jeter ball-washing...the usual NY homers forgot to point out some interesting tidbits:

-Mariano continues to be used and abused by Red Sox hitting. Premature, unfunny one-liners in early April about players being "on pace" for some accomplishment bother me to no end...but Mariano has more blown saves than saves this year. He has 3 blown saves in his last 3 official chances against the BoSox! As any intelligent Yankee fan will tell you...the Yankees succeed because of Mariano...if he is done (and he may be) so are the Yankees.

-The Sox should have lost by 10 runs today...they showed guts (unlike Sunday night's dreadful showing) much like they showed last year when we poured champagne over our heads in the House that Ruth Built/The House that A-rod is Ruining

like the majority of this rich and powerful nation (and like a small minority on this board) I was at work today and therefore missed the entire game. Saw the sportscenter highlights, though.

In the midst of all the Yankee chest pounding and (deserved in this case) Derek Jeter ball-washing...the usual NY homers forgot to point out some interesting tidbits:

-Mariano continues to be used and abused by Red Sox hitting. Premature, unfunny one-liners in early April about players being "on pace" for some accomplishment bother me to no end...but Mariano has more blown saves than saves this year. He has 3 blown saves in his last 3 official chances against the BoSox! As any intelligent Yankee fan will tell you...the Yankees succeed because of Mariano...if he is done (and he may be) so are the Yankees.

-The Sox should have lost by 10 runs today...they showed guts (unlike Sunday night's dreadful showing) much like they showed last year when we poured champagne over our heads in the House that Ruth Built/The House that A-rod is Ruining

LOL,You just said you didn't watch the game. Now your are giving game observations?

Get ****ed.

* Pavano was dominant.

* Clement looked like ass

* Manny & Edgar Renteria are hitless thru 2 games

* Sux bullpen is doo doo

Oh yea and i WATCHED THE GAME.

LOL,You just said you didn't watch the game. Now your are giving game observations?

Get F#cked.

* Pavano was dominant.

* Clement looked like a$$

* Manny & Edgar Renteria are hitless thru 2 games

* Sux bullpen is doo doo

Oh yea and i WATCHED THE GAME.

Manny and Edgar will produce like they always do...if our bullpen is doo doo...then Mariano's arm is shot!

-Almost only counts in horseshoes

and

-good point about Rivera, the Sox have been getting to him within the last year (ever since after the 03 ALCS), but I still trust him more than anyone else as long as he can hit 90. mo's location sucked today...and why is posada continuing to call the cutter constantly instead of mixing his pitches more? :?

Anyways, admit it, you'll piss your pants whenever Matsui is at-bat against the Red Sox from now on :lol:

Okay

Tek goes deep on Mo

The Best Player in Baseball goes walk off on Foulke

But Mo is done?

Can;t you just give Tek a little credit,,,i think he;s good He hit a homerun

In response to Mo is done, I guess that means Foulde is done too

2-0

oh, i can see now it's gonna be fun rofl2.gif at you all summer...& well into october.

yankees......... 2-0

crumb bums.. 0-2

crying%20baby.gif

Boo, hooo....my OYW's are 0-2

JBF has been saying Mariano is done for five years ... one of these years he's bound to be right ... but this isn't the year because the Yankees are going to win the division in a rout, with Rivera serving as the closer/catalyst

Hey JB, don't bother mentioning that Rivera retires the heart of the Red Sox order today {3-4-5} with the bases loaded and no outs ... without surrendering one run ... if A$$ROD doesn't boot a ROUTINE GROUND BALL

Hey JB, don't bother mentioning that Rivera retires the heart of the Red Sox order today {1-2-3} with the bases load and no outs ... without surrendering one run ... if A$$ROD doesn't boot a ROUTINE GROUND BALL

That dewbag wouldn't admit that if his life depended on it

JBF has been saying Mariano is done for five years ... one of these years he's bound to be right ... but this isn't the year because the Yankees are going to win the division in a rout, with Rivera serving as the closer/catalyst

Hey JB, don't bother mentioning that Rivera retires the heart of the Red Sox order today {3-4-5} with the bases loaded and no outs ... without surrendering one run ... if A$$ROD doesn't boot a ROUTINE GROUND BALL

But why were the bases allowed to be loaded by the worst Red Sox hitters in the first place, huh Hoss?

Archived