Bengals problems continue-LB Thurman suspended 4 games

faba

Suspended 4 Games

By JOE KAY, Associated Press Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20060726T155811Z"));39 minutes agoUPDATED 21 MINUTES AGO

CINCINNATI - Bengals middle linebacker Odell Thurman has been suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policies.

Thurman became the team's starting middle linebacker as a rookie last season, when the Bengals made their first playoff appearance since 1990. Thurman was excused from the team's minicamp last month for personal reasons.

"It's very disappointing to us that Odell has this misconduct with league policies," coach Marvin Lewis said. "I am very disappointed. It's something that he needs to get in line in his life."

Thurman, 23, a second-round pick from Georgia, had 1.5 sacks and led the team in tackles in nine games last season.

Thurman's suspension is the latest embarrassment for a team that has had four other players arrested in recent months.

DT Matthias Askew. He resisted arrest over a traffic infraction, and the cops used a stun gun (Taser) to subdue him. They tried to handcuff him and he got unruly so they shocked the cr*p out of him. I think it was Saturday night, but don't quote me. Unreal.

EDIT: HAH, wait. Here...

"A Taser is a non-lethal self-defense weapon that uses compressed nitrogen to shoot two tethered needle-like probes at an assailant in order to deliver an electric shock. The attacker will lose all control and coordination. The Taser will continue to apply the electrical charge in an auto-timed sequence of an initial charge of several seconds followed by many short bursts. This prevents the assailant from recovering from the initial shock and removing the probes. Tasers cannot permanently harm the muscles, nerves or heart, nor will it interfere with a pacemaker. A Taser cartridge only holds one set of probes so once it is fired the spent taser cartridge must be replaced before it can fire more probes. However, if the user misses the target or if there is more than one assailant, the end of the Taser can be used as a touch stun gun. By pressing the end of the Taser against the attacker or his clothes and discharging it, an electric shock passes into the attacker, incapacitating him in the same way previously described. Because of the dual nature of the Taser it is considered by many to be the best of both worlds in non-lethal self-defense."

My man Marvin needs to take a page out of my book. YTou see, he works those guys so darn hard that they built up all this pent up anger. Players gotta let that out.....some get it out with a nice game of playstation.......others like to beat their women and snort some narcotics. That's why I have my camps the way I do. When guys eat as much barbeque as they do at my camp they don't have the energy to go out and do those things. Nahhh, their too stuffed to do much of anything so they like to go take a nap in the trainers room......maybe dream about the playbook a little. That's why my trainers room always has plush carpeting and smooth music. I just ordewred me up a nice Chinese massage therapist for the guys. She told me that no matter what there will always be a happy ending. I guess that means we're gonna win more games so I paid the premium to get me 2 of them Chinese massage girls.

Archived