A Slim POTW for July 26, 2006

GreenBeans

We're back with a "slim" version of POTW this week. Not many nominations as we head into the busiest time of year. Anyone else waiting for Friday? :)

To keep this brief, mostly because it's time for me to go home, the winner of this weeks award goes to Sperm Edwards - again. The winning post this week enlightens the masses about the moves the Jets front office has made over the past few years. Here's the winner:

John Abraham replaced by Kimo VonOelhoffen

DE in a 3-4 defense is not the same position as DE in a 4-3 defense. Abraham is a 4-3 DE who's weak against the run, who also got a $50M contract. We're switching to a 3-4 base defense & he doesn't fit in it. VonOelhoffen fits & should be a good run-stopper at DE for a couple more years at a much more manageable cap number.

Kevin Mawae replaced by Nick Mangold

SJ put it best: by the time the Jets are true contenders, Mawae's contract will be over anyway & we'd be searching for his replacement. Or should we have re-signed Mawae at 36 years old to another extension? Please. Get the replacement now & get him some playing time now. Plus Mawae, for as good as he was in his prime, can't keep his trap shut to reporters & in the locker room. He is a distraction more than a leader & a new HC doesn't need that. A no-brainer.

Ty Law replaced by Andre Dyson

So we should've kept law & paid him a bigger bonus ($11M) and salary in excess of his $10M demand that no one else will pay? Dyson doesn't have Law's talent, but we got him for half of Law's demands & less than half of Law's SB demands. Within 2 years maximum, Law won't be playing CB anymore.

Kareem McKenzie replaced by Adrian Young

If you mean Adrian Jones, again it comes down to money. No one gives a good-but-not-great RT a $35M contract. That's LT money. RT's are much easier to come by, and for much cheaper.

Lamont Jordan Replaced by Cedric Houston

Well since we offered Jordan the same contract that Oakland did, Jordan must have had a good reason for leaving. He did: the head coach wouldn't play him & lied to him for years.

Jason Ferguson replaced by Sione Pouha.

Pouha has shown us absolutely nothing so far. He looks like a bust. Ferguson would've also cost $10M in signing bonus alone to keep. He was good but not that good at his age. With us, he also had somewhat of a history of playing well in contract years & sucking after getting paid.

Jason Fabini replaced by D'Brickasha Ferguson

You have a problem with this? Exactly how many teams want Jason Fabini starting on their team? Answer = none.

Anthony Becht replaced by Doug Jolley

Eh. Becht can block but can't catch. Jolley can catch but can't block. Both stink. Jolley's dirt cheap & he's cuttable at any time with no cap hit.

Santana Moss replaced by Laverneous Coles

Why do I think that if we turned down Washington's offer, kept Moss, and watched him rack up 750 yards for the Jets, that you'd be complaining still? You must really think Coles is the worst WR in the league. I mean, you weren't at all unhappy when we replaced Coles with Curtis Conway a couple of years before either:

Jay Fiedler replaced by Patrick Ramsey

You wanted us to pay Jay Fiedler's $3M bonus? Or perhaps you wanted TWO quarterbacks coming off the IR in 2005 on the roster. It's not like Fiedler was ever that great on the field or as a prospect to begin with.

Congratulations Spermy - nice job as usual.

The rest of the nominees were:

Originally Posted by steJMike

I am sorry to say but the Pats are in a lot of trouble this season. they will be luck if they win 8 games.

(Editor's Note: I loved this reply:

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Who's this clown?

I thought all the 8-year olds were restricted to another Jets message board.

)

----------

Originally Posted by Mavrik

Alk's costume:

deadmanschest1.jpg

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

costume? what costume?

I meant the coat.

(Editor's Note: Another good response:

[-X Personal attacks don't win POTW Max and Beans said so. :)

)

------------

(The Runner-Up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX)

Originally Posted by snow_monkey

Well of course he thinks that... the Jets don't allow their players to smoke weed, skip practice when they want to, act like total jerks and still pay them top dollar. They are a bit strange that way.

Originally Posted by bitonti

at least not anymore now that John Abraham and Josh Evans are gone.

-----------

Originally Posted by Jetsfan80

Yankee fans who try to say anything negative about David Ortiz's ability to hit in the clutch are doing nothing but embarrassing themselves. For Christ's sake, one hitter after another choked away the Yankees playoff series with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, California, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy last year. And after 2004, I'm amazed Yankee fans speak at all about the Red Sox.

Originally Posted by blackout806

26 world series kinda has that effect on you but, just like sex, i wouldn't expect you to know that feeling

----------

Originally Posted by Max

If The Jets Had One HoldOut

out of D'Brick, Mangold, Clemens...who would you want the hold out to be?

It would suck but I would say Clemens. I don't want him falling behind but they don't need him right away. I hope it doesn't happen because hopefully he understands he is going to be paid like a 2nd round pick regardless of where he wanted to be drafted.

Mangold can't miss camp because he is going to have so much to learn if he will step in at C. D'Brick's position is far too important as well. If we are going to try and keep the QBs healthy this year we need both these guys in there from minute one.

I do think they will all be in camp and ready to go on 7/28.

Originally Posted by Ryno the Jet

Max, I don't think anyone could come up with a legitimate argument against yours. Was this your silly little ploy to prove your supremacy?

----------

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

SO if your wife ever banged BB, you would be OK with it????

I would rather be owner of JN.

At least I know the Jets will screw me over in advance.

Originally Posted by Alk

Was it your wife that Bill was bangin'? If so, my condolences.

---------

Originally Posted by JetFanFL

Jet 27 Patsies 17...

Just practicing for the Jets home opener...I'll be there. :cheers:

Originally Posted by Alk

What exactly is it that you're practicing? Freebasing?

----------

Originally Posted by TaborJet

Just a matter of time before I take over this place. I give it 7 months. The Jets will finish 1-15, there will be no hits on here, GOB and Smizzy will be off in the Poconos playing "Johnnycakes", and faba and Sperm will just pack it in from being so tired from carrying your weight(pun intended).

The new JetNation will launch in March of 07. Book it.

----------

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

In honor of the recent New Yok Jets outstanding accomplishments, I have once again updated my signature.

And you guys say I never give credit, where credit is due.

Read the words on the trophy carefully.

afcepreseasonchampsmi2.jpg

---------

Originally Posted by JetNation

Dallas Cowboys safety Keith Davis checked out of the hospital Tuesday, recovering nicely from two gunshot wounds and optimistic about making the start of training camp late next week.

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

shot in the head and thigh yet will make training camp next week-- wtf am i missing here?

Originally Posted by LockeJET

John Abe sharts and he misses 6 weeks..

-----------

Bet there is nothing the French hate more than the fact that Americans have come into their country and dominated the Tour de France.

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

Absolutely brilliant, they think it'll all change when Armstrong retires, then along comes Landis.

(I'll take "Absolutely brilliant" as a POTW NOM, even if PDM was refering to the event and not the post.)

------------

(Topic: "Can't nobody block me.")

19772835.jpg

Originally Posted by Bugg

3-4 or 4-3, makes little difference. Hes's till making top dollar. Past time to produce, be a big-time run-stopper, be part of a pass rush, and keep blockers off the LBs. He's got this year, or he will be elsewhere next season. If he cannot get with the program for a head coach who played the same position in college, it's over for him here. You can at least be hopeful.

--------------------------

That's all folks - not too many this week. I expect the beginning of train camp to increase the number of POTW NOM's and the crack staff is ready for it! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week.

GB

Bet there is nothing the French hate more than the fact that Americans have come into their country and dominated the Tour de France.

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

Absolutely brilliant, they think it'll all change when Armstrong retires, then along comes Landis.

(I'll take "Absolutely brilliant" as a POTW NOM, even if PDM was refering to the event and not the post.)

------------

You must have been really scraping the bottom of the barrel for NOMs.

POTW? Sounds like it was a happy talking points memo put out by the Bush Adminstration about how we are winning in Iraq.

The point is completly missed. It's not the players lost, its about where is the position upgraded.

In a space of 14 months the Jets have lost four Pro Bowl players (Santana Moss, Kevin Mawae, John Abraham and Ty Law). Other quality players lost in that same time who have not been adequatly replaced are Jason Ferguson, Kareem McKenzie, Jerald Sowell and Anthony Becht).

Anyone who thinks the Jets roster has been upgraded anywhere is delusional. Replacing a player with an inferior player who comes cheap and concludes anything other than the Jets roster is weaker requires a large gulp of green Kool - Aid.

As John Cayton recently said, 'The Jets stink, they have the weakest roster in the NFL".

And counting on rookies to step in play better requires faith and belief. Here's what the Seattle nedia had to say about D'Brickas***load Ferguson when discussing the Hawks 2nd round pik DE Darryl Tapp (Va Tech):

"Another classic Ruskell pick. Undersized and underestimated, Tapp nonetheless collected two sacks against Virginia LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson during the Senior Bowl. That kind of production led the Seahawks to overlook the measurables. Tapp weighed 252 at the combine in an effort to improve his 40 time. He's back into the 260s and that is where he would like to stay".

POTW? Sounds like it was a happy talking points memo put out by the Bush Adminstration about how we are winning in Iraq.

The point is completly missed. It's not the players lost, its about where is the position upgraded.

In a space of 14 months the Jets have lost four Pro Bowl players (Santana Moss, Kevin Mawae, John Abraham and Ty Law). Other quality players lost in that same time who have not been adequatly replaced are Jason Ferguson, Kareem McKenzie, Jerald Sowell and Anthony Becht).

Anyone who thinks the Jets roster has been upgraded anywhere is delusional. Replacing a player with an inferior player who comes cheap and concludes anything other than the Jets roster is weaker requires a large gulp of green Kool - Aid.

As John Cayton recently said, 'The Jets stink, they have the weakest roster in the NFL".

And counting on rookies to step in play better requires faith and belief. Here's what the Seattle nedia had to say about D'Brickas***load Ferguson when discussing the Hawks 2nd round pik DE Darryl Tapp (Va Tech):

"Another classic Ruskell pick. Undersized and underestimated, Tapp nonetheless collected two sacks against Virginia LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson during the Senior Bowl. That kind of production led the Seahawks to overlook the measurables. Tapp weighed 252 at the combine in an effort to improve his 40 time. He's back into the 260s and that is where he would like to stay".

Hey rajensen, when will be the first time that you come back and defend one of your posts?

Archived