What we know after the first three rounds.

PFSIKH

Both teams are real good.

The AL east is going to be a battle, again.

Randy looks real.

Big Papi looks real.

Pavano and Clement look liks solid pick-ups, Pavano more so then Clement.

Toronot and Baltimore better enjoy their stays in first and second respectively, because it will not last.

Both teams are real good.

The AL east is going to be a battle, again.

Randy looks real.

Big Papi looks real.

Pavano and Clement look liks solid pick-ups, Pavano more so then Clement.

Toronot and Baltimore better enjoy their stays in first and second respectively, because it will not last.

yep

My opinion hasn't changed one iota ... Yankees will win the A.L. East in a rout {double digit games}

I'm not gonna lie to be diplomatic ... IMO the 2005 Yankees are a MUCH BETTER team than the 2005 Sox

Around 10 Games better over 162

I do not think that is cocky. The Sox are without Schilling and there is no telling how long he will be until he is the Schilling of old. Unless Arroyo takes the next step in his development (i.e. becomes a 15-20 game winner), the Yanks have better pitching from starter 1-5.

in my opinion:

The Yankees are the best team in baseball.

The Red Sox are at worst, the 3rd best team in baseball.

Both teams have holes in them, but are still much better than the rest of the league. Theres no need to write off either

I do not think that is cocky. The Sox are without Schilling and there is no telling how long he will be until he is the Schilling of old. Unless Arroyo takes the next step in his development (i.e. becomes a 15-20 game winner), the Yanks have better pitching from starter 1-5.

BINGO

There is not a dimes worth of difference between these two teams where it pertains to hitting, defense, or bullpen ... you can give a slight nod to one team or the other in each of these departments and you will get no argument from me

But the Yankees are far superior {IMO} where is pertains to SP, and that's what I believe will separate these teams in the standings over 162 by a fairly wide margin {10 may be a bit excessive}

Now here's why I believe that .....

Because the Yankees will absolutely blugeon bad teams this year ... mediocre teams as well ... many of these games will be absolute routs because the Yankees have the SP to avoid a slugfest as they are pounding mediocre pitching

The Red Sox, OTOH, will find themselves in far more slugfests in 2005 ... the majority of which they will win {enough to get that wild card, IMO}, but they won't win enough of them to hang with the Yankees over 162 {the nature of slugfests automatically dictates that you will lose your fair share, even if you win most}

But at the end of the season I see the same scenario playing itself out ... Yanks win the division and Sox snag the WC ... likely culminating in another Yankees Vs Bosox ALCS ... and we all buckle in for another round of the Hatfields and the McCoys

:box::comb::box:

Archived