Mathematical QB rating system says (_______) will be the starter

Fred Jetstone

This is a scientific, mathematically-based, qb rating system inspired by the works of Einstein, Hawking and Mandlebrot.

This system is extremely in-depth and virtually infalible.

It works like this, points are awarded in various categories, a qb gets 5 pts for coming first, 3 pts for coming second, and a point for coming third, a fourth place gets 0. The qb with the highest cumulative rating wins.

NY JETS QB RATING SHOWDOWN

MOBILITY

BB - 5

PR - 3

CP - 1

KC - 0

ARM STRENGTH

KC - 5

PR - 3

BB - 1

CP - 0

TOUGHNESS/DURABILITY

BB - 5

PR - 3

KC - 1

CP - 0

NFL GAME EXPERIENCE

CP - 5

PR - 3

BB - 1

KC - 0

QB SMARTS (reading defences, intangibles etc...)

CP - 5

BB - 3

PR - 1

KC - 0

FINAL RESULTS - BROOKS BOLLINGER WINS!

BB - 15

PR - 13

CP - 11

KC - 6

shouldn't Height be on there as well? ofcorse Bollinger has great Mobility, he's just a little guy. now who can catch a midget? LoL

Bollinger's Cut.. probbaly the day after they name a starting QB.

Uhm... you flunked math class, right? :lol:

On BB: you admit that he has a weak-ass arm, mediocre smarts and little NFL exp, and still want him to start? :lol: Are you from Miami, by any chance?

You over-rated his mobility...he can run like a squirrell, but he's no Vick. Giving him a 5 is a joke. I'm gonna be nice and give him 4. And as for toughness, sure he plays with some heart...but that's not enough. You have to be able to survive a hit too, to be truly tough. That little leprechaun will snap like a twig when some fat lineman flops on him. So 3 at the most. And 3 in smarts is a bit much. He didn't exactly dismantle the oposing defences last season. I'd give him 2. That gives him 11. And to say that CP has 0 in arm strenght is a bit silly. If his arm doesn't work any more, he won't even be in the running. So at the very least award him a 1, until proven unable to play football. That puts BB at 3rd.

With a 2nd round QB pick (that the coach likes) in the mix, the writing is on the wall. BB is out the door.

sorry Jetstone. The QB rating system equates a 12.5 yard completion with a 90-yard completion & no one who's watched a single series of downs believes that they're equal. Well, you're equating mobility to arm strength and also since you didn't include it in your categories, are we to believe that mobility is more important than accuracy?

Using your system, the Jets should go get Jim Kelly out of retirement & start him. Or maybe Randal Cunningham, since using this system would mean he was the greatest QB in NFL history.

On BB: you admit that he has a weak-ass arm, mediocre smarts and little NFL exp, and still want him to start? :lol: Are you from Miami, by any chance?

You over-rated his mobility...he can run like a squirrell, but he's no Vick. Giving him a 5 is a joke. I'm gonna be nice and give him 4. And as for toughness, sure he plays with some heart...but that's not enough. You have to be able to survive a hit too, to be truly tough. That little leprechaun will snap like a twig when some fat lineman flops on him. So 3 at the most. And 3 in smarts is a bit much. He didn't exactly dismantle the oposing defences last season. I'd give him 2. That gives him 11. And to say that CP has 0 in arm strenght is a bit silly. If his arm doesn't work any more, he won't even be in the running. So at the very least award him a 1, until proven unable to play football. That puts BB at 3rd.

With a 2nd round QB pick (that the coach likes) in the mix, the writing is on the wall. BB is out the door.

He wasn't ranking them individually... it was first place gets 5, second 3, etc. Its not saying he has outstanding mobility, just the best of the 4, giving him 5 points...

If anybody has a problem with the "system", take it up with Einstein, cause it's based upon his theories and insights into quantum physics.

Numbers don't lie. Bolly starts the season against Tennesee.

You heard it here first!

How anyone can not like Jetstone is beyond me.

Bollinger has taken a pop from every decent D-front and LB in the league or at least the East and he's still there, so gotta give him a 5.

If Vick is your yardstick at a 5, where do you put Ramsey in the mobility dept.? He gets minus yardage just thinking about the rush.

Using your example of Penningtons arm, then a barely working brain is at least a 1 so even with a little thought Bollinger is an easy 3. To dismantle a defense a QB also needs the brains of a good running back, real big brains up front and half a brain in a coach.

His best asset is that he is "coachable". It's kind of like "mentality" but in a sports way. Also, the day that " heart" is not enough in football is the day I go back to the bar and watch team darts and womens arm wrestling.

Your midget and leprechaun tags reveal your own verticle racism and short-sightedness. I always liked to use the word "pipsqueak" or "pint-sized" when referring to those shorter than my own immense stature.

Remember, sarcasm is the easiest form of comedy but it takes all your wits to know when to laugh.

Let's try it realistically, awarding 4, 3, 2, 1 for each . I'll use your rankings, and then more realistic rankings

Mobility:

KC - 4 (5)

BB - 3 (3)

PR - 2 (1)

CP - 1 (0)

Arm:

PR - 4 (5)

KC - 3 (3)

CP - 2 (1) (Sorry, Bollinger's arm is just so bad even CP can beat hiim)

BB - 1 (0)

Toughness:

PR - 4 (5) (Ever seen this guy get hit?)

BB - 3 (3)

CP - 2 (1)

KC - 1 (0)

Experience:

CP - 4 (5)

PR - 3 (3)

BB - 2 (1)

KC - 1 (0)

Smarts:

CP - 4 (5)

KC - 3 (3)

PR - 2 (1)

BB - 1 (0) (sorry, he's not that bright, except when to pitch theball in the option)

Final realistic results

PR - 15 (15)

CP - 13 (12)

KC - 12 (11)

BB - 10 (7)

There you go, a better ranking.... even though I think CP is the best option right now, I can see a PR argument right now. I can even see us going with KC just to get him some experience.

However, Brooks Friggen Bollinger is a CFL QB at best, and if it wasn't for Paul Hackett, he would have been. Hackett talked the Jets into taking him.

This is a scientific, mathematically-based, qb rating system inspired by the works of Einstein, Hawking and Mandlebrot.

Well, you guys got me. I missed the ranking system (best of the bunch=5 and so on). I guess that's what I get for posting whne I'm barely awake. :lol: Never let it be said I don't admit when I'm wrong.

But I still stand by the following : BB does NOT have top class mobility. And I don't buy the toughness part either. He hasn't played NFL football long enough to warrant that. And "vertical racism" or not (when did tiny people become a race, by the way?) size matters very much in football. And heart is not enough by itself. If it was, everyone could become a NFL player.

He doesn't make very good reads, and he can't throw long. Now how the heck can anyone believe this guy can make it?:confused:

Let's try it realistically, awarding 4, 3, 2, 1 for each . I'll use your rankings, and then more realistic rankings

Mobility:

KC - 4 (5)

BB - 3 (3)

PR - 2 (1)

CP - 1 (0)

Arm:

PR - 4 (5)

KC - 3 (3)

CP - 2 (1) (Sorry, Bollinger's arm is just so bad even CP can beat hiim)

BB - 1 (0)

Toughness:

PR - 4 (5) (Ever seen this guy get hit?)

BB - 3 (3)

CP - 2 (1)

KC - 1 (0)

Experience:

CP - 4 (5)

PR - 3 (3)

BB - 2 (1)

KC - 1 (0)

Smarts:

CP - 4 (5)

KC - 3 (3)

PR - 2 (1)

BB - 1 (0) (sorry, he's not that bright, except when to pitch theball in the option)

Final realistic results

PR - 15 (15)

CP - 13 (12)

KC - 12 (11)

BB - 10 (7)

There you go, a better ranking.... even though I think CP is the best option right now, I can see a PR argument right now. I can even see us going with KC just to get him some experience.

However, Brooks Friggen Bollinger is a CFL QB at best, and if it wasn't for Paul Hackett, he would have been. Hackett talked the Jets into taking him.

Halt! Halt!

There is mathematical perfection in the system "as it exists", as it exists now.

Alter not the sytem. The system is perfect. Alter not...the system.

Archived