Curtis and his knee...

NIGHT STALKER

Any feedback in this would be appreciated. All I know is that CM had his knee scoped 8 months ago...last December to be exact.

It wasn't even considered to be a major knee surgical procedure. He is walking with a limp and is on the PUP list. Don't you guys think his injury was a lot worse than first reported? I mean 8 months ago for a scope and he still can't practice? Usually this is about a 4-5 week rehab (for a scope) thing and you're back on the field.

Sounds to me like CM may have had his last game with the green and white.

It was discussed on a thread yesterday that the Newark Star Ledger reported that CM advised the Jets FO to take a RB early in the draft because he wasn't progressing as expected and they said after the surgery, his knee is basically bone to bone. As I said in the thread yesterday, if that's the case, Curtis is done.

It was discussed on a thread yesterday that the Newark Star Ledger reported that CM advised the Jets FO to take a RB early in the draft because he wasn't progressing as expected and they said after the surgery, his knee is basically bone to bone. As I said in the thread yesterday, if that's the case, Curtis is done.

But, my point is, bone on bone is a huge difference then the scope he supposedly had...what's up with that?

One thing I cannot figure out-if Martin knew his knee was this bad, why did he go out of his way to be so accomodating to Mangini, showing up at the press conference and all that-contract money? Now we get this "Martin says draft a bacK" stuff. Seems Martin was always about getting his carries and his stats, as if they ran the team to get him his personal goals. When he was breaking tackles that might've worked, but not since. I know that's harsh, but we had his replacement, and between his contract and the imbecile we had as a coach for 5 years, the replacement is long gone.

No matter-he's done, schedule his number being retired for a game at the end of the year and be done with it. Bunch of slobbering fans and media types can pretend he won us a title that mattered, complete with the video tribute with all his big games in the playoffs and the Super Bowl title, er, not.

Depending on a 33-year old running back made no sense, and I think Mangini knew as much.

But, my point is, bone on bone is a huge difference then the scope he supposedly had...what's up with that?

I don't think bone on bone was anticipated pre-surgery. They went in to remove some cartilege and apparently removed more than was expected which is what left Curtis in the situation he's in now. If the guy is still limping eight months later and he's a 33 year old RB with enough carries to be a 36 year old RB, I don't see how he can come back from that. JMO.

cant they inject something between the bones???

i thought they can do that..

I've heard about some stuff that can now be used to pad the spaces between the joints if need be, but I'm guessing that the stuff isn't durable enough to withstand NFL tackling. More likely than not it's a way to make you comfortable doing day to day stuff. I'm not trying to play expert here but I'd be shocked if they had something that could take a pounding that an NFL back takes and still function properly.

I just remember him saying in some pre-draft interview on 1050 that he thought Lendale White was the sh*t. I don't remember any interview with him even HINTING he might not be able to play all 16 games as the starter. Closest he came to saying anything close to that was something to the effect of he wouldn't object to playing a more supporting-type role.

The "Curtis warned us that he might not play this year, way back, way before the draft" is horsesh*t. It would've been ALL OVER the news & every fan & draftnik would've been screaming to high hell that the Jets have no starting RB (instead of screaming that the Jets have a 33 yo starting RB).

I've heard about some stuff that can now be used to pad the spaces between the joints if need be, but I'm guessing that the stuff isn't durable enough to withstand NFL tackling. More likely than not it's a way to make you comfortable doing day to day stuff. I'm not trying to play expert here but I'd be shocked if they had something that could take a pounding that an NFL back takes and still function properly.

thanks..great point...the stuff would be just temp...

No matter-he's done, schedule his number being retired for a game at the end of the year and be done with it. Bunch of slobbering fans and media types can pretend he won us a title that mattered, complete with the video tribute with all his big games in the playoffs and the Super Bowl title, er, not.

this is an idiotic post....its obvious you dont like Martin....but how many Super Bowl titles did Klecko bring us???

this is an idiotic post....its obvious you dont like Martin....but how many Super Bowl titles did Klecko bring us???

how many title games did Klecko sh*t the bed in?

The warrior knew he had bone-on-bone right after the surgery but was so good and accommodating to us, he allowed us to give him more bonus money when it was 50/50 that he'd ever suit up again. Just like he was thinking of the team after he knew his knee was f'ed up after that carry vs Miami & didn't tell his HC (for whatever good it would've done) until Monday/Tuesday after the game was over.

how many title games did Klecko sh*t the bed in?

The warrior knew he had bone-on-bone right after the surgery but was so good and accommodating to us, he allowed us to give him more bonus money when it was 50/50 that he'd ever suit up again. Just like he was thinking of the team after he knew his knee was f'ed up after that carry vs Miami & didn't tell his HC (for whatever good it would've done) until Monday/Tuesday after the game was over.

thats not what im saying...i agree with you 100%....but he posted that the slobbering fans and media will give him a video tribute of his games in the playoffs and the super bowl ..

klecko brought the same amount of Super Bowl titles Martin did...0....

The "Curtis warned us that he might not play this year, way back, way before the draft" is horsesh*t. It would've been ALL OVER the news & every fan & draftnik would've been screaming to high hell that the Jets have no starting RB (instead of screaming that the Jets have a 33 yo starting RB).

Nobody was saying Curtis told the public/fans/media any of this. It was stated that he told the FO that he wasn't recovering as well as expected and they should take a RB early on. Obviously none of us know if this is true or not, but I don't think anybody is claiming that Curtis made everybody aware of the extent of his injury.

Why is it Martin's duty to tell the team? He got more money? Good for him. The team has access to all the medical reports, in fact I'm willing to bet they picked the doctor. Football players have limited life spans if they gave him more money it's on them, not him. The rumor was that he told the front office that he wasn't progressing well, not that he went public that he wouldn't be able to play.

Nobody was saying Curtis told the public/fans/media any of this. It was stated that he told the FO that he wasn't recovering as well as expected and they should take a RB early on. Obviously none of us know if this is true or not, but I don't think anybody is claiming that Curtis made everybody aware of the extent of his injury.

Other than Bob Jensen's post, where was this ever stated?

His injury probably wasn't as serious in beginning of the year, but our ******* head coach kept trotting him out there for 10 games. Probably has something to do with it being so ****ed up now.

His injury probably wasn't as serious in beginning of the year, but our ******* head coach kept trotting him out there for 10 games. Probably has something to do with it being so ****ed up now.

Well then Edwards did us some good after all. I do hope Martin's knee is ok for the rest of his life & that he doesn't end up a semi-cripple like so many other ex-NFL'ers. But at 33 he should not be the starting RB on a rebuilding team anyway.

Well then Edwards did us some good after all. I do hope Martin's knee is ok for the rest of his life & that he doesn't end up a semi-cripple like so many other ex-NFL'ers. But at 33 he should not be the starting RB on a rebuilding team anyway.

Oh, I agree. I'm a big Curtis fan, but I wanted a change at RB this year just because we are rebuilding.

I'm just pissed off that our former coach was so clueless about injuries that he might have cost two players their careers by either rushing them back from injury (Chad) or by playing them injured (Curtis).

I feel sorry for any Chiefs' player who gets injured this year.

Jensen linked the article in the Star Ledger citing an "unamed official" with the team.

http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/115495269791450.xml?starledger?spj&coll=1

Not an irrefutable source, but not the Herm lover either.

Right. Like the unnamed official who said the QB competition is over only for me to watch Bollinger get 60% of the snaps on Saturday. What possible reason could there be for the following sequence:

1. Martin says he may never play again

2. Jets then give him more guaranteed bonus money

3. Jets do not sniff at taking a RB on day one of the draft (unless NO was willing to take a 3rd-rounder for us to move up from #4 to #2).

4. Jets do not make a play for anyone significant in FA at RB, despite plenty of cap space this year, through the beginning of August (and perhaps through the season)

Tha cap means personnel decsiions have to be made without fear or favor or sentiment. Martin was very durable, but him hogging the carries, whether it was his decision or the HC's, was a mistake. He was never dominant. He'll get in the HoF. I know fans love him, but sorry, this is still a business and teams that lose sight of that end up paying a price. And not keeping Jordan (and McKenzie) to pay a 32-year old hurt Martin last year was that kind of mistake. Paying him this year is throwing more good money after bad. I know the contract he got from Parcells on the way out made that very problematic, but it could've been worked on and it wasn't.

Archived