Jets | B. Smith continues to impress

FoxJet

Jets | B. Smith continues to impress

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:47:59 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports New York Jets WR Brad Smith continues to impress in training camp and if he manages to make the 53-man roster, it could be due to his versatility. In addition to catching most everything thrown his way, his previous experience as a quarterback would be valuable on end-arounds and option passes.:Typotux:

I've also been amazed that a couple of reporters have intimated that the Brad Smith would be lucky to make the team.

Glad that he has been looking good

Reporters are idiots. They want to be able to say "he was only a 4th round pick, but we knew he'd make it." When a team burns a 4th he inevitably makes the team. When it's a top athlete that has an excuse for any growing pains because he's switching positions, I think he's on the team no matter what. The guy is a project, why would we give up on him so soon?

Reporters are idiots. They want to be able to say "he was only a 4th round pick, but we knew he'd make it." When a team burns a 4th he inevitably makes the team. When it's a top athlete that has an excuse for any growing pains because he's switching positions, I think he's on the team no matter what. The guy is a project, why would we give up on him so soon?

Maurice Clarrett, I know, he's nuts an all but he was a 3r round comp.

Clarett was different for a couple of reasons.

1. he was not viewed as a project the way Smith was. What fool drafts a guy with the intention of trying him out at a completely new position, then cut him because he didn't pick it up to veteran-player after a month of practice.

2. Clarett may have been cut for more than skill-reasons. If you type his name into google news, you might get a glimpse as to why. Also wonder how unpopular he may have been with players who didn't appreciate him suing the league that has made them very wealthy men. But basically, he was a HB in college; if he looked like a crappy HB in camp what's the point of keeping him around.

1. he was not viewed as a project the way Smith was. What fool drafts a guy with the intention of trying him out at a completely new position, then cut him because he didn't pick it up to veteran-player after a month of practice.

2. Clarett may have been cut for more than skill-reasons. If you type his name into google news, you might get a glimpse as to why. Also wonder how unpopular he may have been with players who didn't appreciate him suing the league that has made them very wealthy men. But basically, he was a HB in college; if he looked like a crappy HB in camp what's the point of keeping him around.

Good point sperm, you give a little more slack to the guy changing positions. I was just attacking the part about the 4th round pick inevitably making the team, and I also felt like shooting a little jab at Clarrett.;)

Good point sperm, you give a little more slack to the guy changing positions. I was just attacking the part about the 4th round pick inevitably making the team, and I also felt like shooting a little jab at Clarrett.;)

Oh of course bro. It was absurd. Only way a 4th-rounder doesn't make the team is if he's like the worst football player the HC has ever seen.

3. Clarett is a ****ing psycho.

Clarett also did not do well in his workouts and did not come into camp in fighting/running shape.

Smith looks great so far. The biggest thing for him was to get over not being a QB, and I read that he has now completely bought into being a WR.

Archived