Jets | Team reportedly surrendered a fourth-round pick for Barlow

FoxJet

Jets | Team reportedly surrendered a fourth-round pick for Barlow

Mon, 21 Aug 2006 05:25:31 -0700

The New York Daily News reports the New York Jets reportedly traded a fourth-round pick in the 2007 NFL draft to the San Francisco 49ers for RB Kevan Barlow.[IF IT TRUE ]

Jets | Barrett could replace Miller in the starting lineup

Mon, 21 Aug 2006 05:20:15 -0700

The New York Daily News reports New York Jets CB Justin Miller, who had a rough preseason game against the Washington Redskins, could be replaced in the lineup by CB David Barrett.

:cool::Typotux:::GoJets::fishfry:

Very dissapointing. Trading the future for a JAG just to make our rebuilding year slightly (if that) more palatable. Reeks of desperation, somethign I would not have expected this early from Mangini & Co.

I am not happy with this deal, and would have preferred to stick with Houston/Blaylock/Washington OR look to someone who would NTO have cost us a pick (for example, Stephen Davis, who both the Skins and Eagles are now looking at).

Very dissapointing. Trading the future for a JAG just to make our rebuilding year slightly (if that) more palatable. Reeks of desperation, somethign I would not have expected this early from Mangini & Co.

I am not happy with this deal, and would have preferred to stick with Houston/Blaylock/Washington OR look to someone who would NTO have cost us a pick (for example, Stephen Davis, who both the Skins and Eagles are now looking at).

You're putting too much value on a 4th round pick.

You're putting too much value on a 4th round pick.

Do you realize that Smith and Washington our 2 rookie playmakers on offense were both aquired in the 4th round of this past draft.Furthermore,Adrian Jones was aquired in the 4th round a player capable of starting as an NFL LT.

Bad move.....5th or lower and I would have been fine with it. 4th is a bit hight when you consider

--injury history

--fighting with teammates

--decrease in production

--questionable work ethic

Do you realize that Smith and Washington our 2 rookie playmakers on offense were both aquired in the 4th round of this past draft.Furthermore,Adrian Jones was aquired in the 4th round a player capable of starting as an NFL LT.

I realize what round they were drafted in...

I'm not ready to call them "playmakers"

Oh yeah, and by the way, using Adrian Jones as an example supports my argument, not yours. He's capable of being used as a highway pilon, but that's about it.

I am curious to see if he could actually end up costing a 3rd pick. Not real high on this move but hopeful

I haven't heard it, but let's say, hypothetically speaking, it goes up to a 3rd rounder if he rushes for 1200+.

Is a 1200+ yard rusher worth a 3rd rounder?

Jones has enough trouble with RT. He isn't a starting LT for any NFL team.

Perhaps we can trade J-Mac or Strait to another sucker so we can recoup the 4th rounder.

I realize what round they were drafted in...

I'm not ready to call them "playmakers"

Oh yeah, and by the way, using Adrian Jones as an example supports my argument, not yours. He's capable of being used as a highway pilon, but that's about it.

Obviously I have a higher opinion of Mr Jones than you do.Furthermore,the Jets once had a RB who rushed for over 1200yards in back to back seasons.Bill Parcells cut him and replace him with Curtis martin.If Kevin Barlow rushes for over 1000 yards,and the Jets either restructure his 3+ mil contract for 2007,or cut him to save salary,giving away even a 5th round pick for him would have been a mistake.

Obviously I have a higher opinion of Mr Jones than you do.Furthermore,the Jets once had a RB who rushed for over 1200yards in back to back seasons.Bill Parcells cut him and replace him with Curtis martin.If Kevin Barlow rushes for over 1000 yards,and the Jets either restructure his 3+ mil contract for 2007,or cut him to save salary,giving away even a 5th round pick for him would have been a mistake.

How would restructuring him be a mistake? Cutting him would prove to be a mistake.

My gut? It's not set to be a 4th rounder, but instead conditional.

I know Parcells cut Murrell for Martin, but we're talking a HALL OF FAME BACK here in Martin. Murrell was good, but if you can get a hall of famer!

How would restructuring him be a mistake? Cutting him would prove to be a mistake.

My gut? It's not set to be a 4th rounder, but instead conditional.

I know Parcells cut Murrell for Martin, but we're talking a HALL OF FAME BACK here in Martin. Murrell was good, but if you can get a hall of famer!

Do you really believe Barlow would restructure his contract and walk away with less money from the Jets.If we have to give him a raise above his 3+ mil salary,it will add a cap hit that he presently doesn't have his salary not withstanding,combined with the dead money we owe Curtis,and either Blaylock and or Houston.There's no way this guy is going to be a part of the Jets team for the 2007 season.

Archived