Have Mangini and Tanni sacrifice their principles

Tinstar2

During the draft,the buzz word around the Jets complex was Character.Supposedly this new regime was not interested in any player with questionable Character.Has this mantra now been sacrificed due to the Jets apparently desperate need (or so they believe) for a starting caliber veteran RB.

The potential addition of Kevin Barlow will bring a guy to the Jets who has called out his FB,Teamates and coaches in the media with acusations of poor performance,and preparation.Is aquiring a player of this ilk worth sacrificing your principles.Should this move come to fruition,2 of the now known principles of this new regime will have been sacrificed.

1 _ Questionable Character

2 _ surrendering draft picks to aquire depth.Questionable Character depth and all.

Well, it is exactly what BB did in New England when the brought in Dillion and it worked.

BZ

Ah but you see my friend,the Jets will have to make a decision after this season about Barlow.If infact the Jets surrendered a 4th round pick for Barlow,then this team will either keep him at over 3mil against the cap next yr,redo his contract paying him more,or cut him and look for a replacement.

Now you tell me,is Kevin Barlow worth all that at 27 coming off a knee injury with his supposed attitude problems.

Now you tell me,is Kevin Barlow worth all that at 27 coming off a knee injury with his supposed attitude problems.

I don't know. I haven't seen him play in the Green & White.

Let's see if he can make a splash in the pre-season games and do some damage in the regular season.

Can't judge this one till we see him run.

BZ

Well, it is exactly what BB did in New England when the brought in Dillion and it worked.

BZ

Barlow isn't (IMO) half the running talent Dillon was at that point, and if memory serves Dillon had a vastly better resume at the time the Pats aquired him than Barlow has now.

Plus, Pats needed a "one more guy" to make another Super Bowl Push. We are definitely in a rebuilding year. Deny it if you wish, but that doesn;t make it less true.

I don't know. I haven't seen him play in the Green & White.

Let's see if he can make a splash in the pre-season games and do some damage in the regular season.

Can't judge this one till we see him run.

BZ

Yes we can,especially if the price is a 4th round pick.Mangini must truely believe the Jets are making a playoff push.Good for him I say.

Barlow isn't (IMO) half the running talent Dillon was at that point, and if memory serves Dillon had a vastly better resume at the time the Pats aquired him than Barlow has now.

Plus, Pats needed a "one more guy" to make another Super Bowl Push. We are definitely in a rebuilding year. Deny it if you wish, but that doesn;t make it less true.

I agree that Dillion looked better on paper coming from the Bungles, but he was a malcontent there and everyone said BB was crazy for bringing him in. He ran over 1,600 yards and won a Super Bowl.

Since I don't believe in this thing you call a "rebuilding year" I cannot comment.

BZ

Yes we can,especially if the price is a 4th round pick.Mangini must truely believe the Jets are making a playoff push.Good for him I say.

Any coach who took over our team and said he wasn't trying to make the playoffs, I would personally find him and run him out of town.

There is no rebuilding year. It is a myth.

BZ

The sacrificing of a draft pick is bothersome but the way Tangini operates they will probably get that fourth rounder back. I suspect another trade is in the works. Maybe Justin McCaerins? Either way I do not think the dealing is done.

It's being reported in the Post that the Jets had a deal for Duckett,but decided not to weaken 1 position by trading JMac just to enhance another position.

The Jets had been in significant talks with the Falcons regarding T.J. Duckett. But Atlanta was seeking a player in return, believed to be WR Justin McCareins, and the Jets felt they didn't want to hurt depth at one position while trying to help that of another.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/sanfrancisco_treat_jets_mark_cannizzaro.htm

and another source said that the Falcons wern't impressed with JMac and Strait and wanted a 3rd or possibly our spare second rounder, I think they made the best deal possible without morgatging the future. Unloading a 4th is not the end of the word, especially if we could get that back with a trade for a spare RB, WR, DB, or DT we might have at the end of camp (if we sign Jackson which I hope we do, a lane clogging DT is just what we need right now)

Archived