Eagles DT Ed Jasper could be cut

bitonti

another guy they have that is unlikely to make their team is former Grand Valley State project Kenyonta Marshall

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/story/6666493p-6537940c.html

Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson has a situation with his front four that is both a blessing and a problem. He has too many quality defensive tackles and ends and not enough roster spots. Some highly regarded players are going to be released next Tuesday and on Sept. 2.

Johnson said Tuesday he would love to carry 10 defensive linemen, but likely will be restricted to eight or nine.

That leaves Sam Rayburn, Ed Jasper, Keyonta Marshall and LaJuan Ramsey to fight for one job at defensive tackle. If he only keeps four ends, he will have to decide between Juqua Thomas and injury-prone Jerome McDougle.

Ramsey is young and Rayburn is playing really well - both Jasper and Marshall could be cut.

My question for Jets fans is if Mangini will stick with the 3-4 all season even though he doesn't have the personal to do it.

Will he switch between the 3-4 & 4-3 as they did in NE or will he stick to his guns and stay with the 3-4?

IMO If he stays with the 3-4 all season Vilma will have about 50 tackles. The Jets D-line is not exactly the best in the NFL, or AFC, or AFCE for that matter:p

i think he'll switch back and forth...he has to...like you said...we dont have the guys to play strictly 3-4 ..

I guess we will find out in the next month.

This really should be another thread, but how do you think Mangini will lineup on D against the Pats in Week 2?

That will be a very good battle to watch.

At this point the DT backup will definitely come from waivers.

Carolina will be cutting some DL's shortly as well. Carolina's a DLine factory these days, so pretty much anyone would be worth looking at just to see.

i think he'll switch back and forth...he has to...like you said...we dont have the guys to play strictly 3-4 ..

Do you think it'll end up being 50/50 or closer to 70/30 3-4 to 4-3. I think the latter - Mangini is going to want to get there, so why not just suck it up and go with it most of the time, right?

I guess we will find out in the next month.

This really should be another thread, but how do you think Mangini will lineup on D against the Pats in Week 2?

That will be a very good battle to watch.

NOW that is a good question...i would say...the way the pats offence is.i say 4-3 ...ALOT..lol

NOW that is a good question...i would say...the way the pats offence is.i say 4-3 ...ALOT..lol

You or I need to start a thread about this before the game. We will have seen how the Pats played the Bills and how the Jets played the Titans.

It will be interesting to say the least.

Archived