Nine Nuggets: Jets

Alk

Adam Schein (pronounced "shine") is quickly becoming one of my favorite reporters. His reports in Jets Nation and now on the Inside Jets Training Camp have been just right on. I don't if he is a Jet fan or now and that is a good thing. He calls it like he sees it.

I thought Patrick Ramsey simply needed a change of scenery to play better football. Thus far, I have been wrong. Ramsey has had a decent camp and played OK in the preseason game against the Redskins. The bugaboo remains his inability to get rid of the football.

OK, so we like everything but the Kevan Barlow deal — which we loathe. Barlow, in theory, is the opposite of everything I just wrote and what Mangini and Tannenbaum are trying to do. Barlow has three years and more than 10 million left on his horrible contract that rightfully helped cost the old guard in San Francisco their jobs. Barlow had knee surgery in the off-season and feuded with players and coaches during his time in San Fran. The offensively challenged Niners couldn't wait to get rid of him. Dealing a 4th rounder for the running back was a very poor move.

Good read and review of most of what has happened in the offseason.

BZ

There are some in the New York media who ripped, and some who still are ripping, the Jets for passing on Matt Leinart. That's a foolish notion when you address the offensive line and still gobble up your quarterback of the future. Clemens has a rocket for an arm, great awareness and presence in the pocket, and oozes leadership. There's a realistic chance he will earn the No. 2 quarterback spot on the team for 2006, and be the starter in 2007.

Best point of the article IMO.

Very good article.

He's right about Leon, too, regarding him needing to improve his pass protection to become a better back..

Did he need to bang the alphabetical depth chart drum? Or, did he do that to keep his media credentials.

4ab2bdfa-9d30-11da-b8f0-f1da3b8542e8.jpg

Archived