2006 Jets Prediction Thread

SouthernJet

u totally lost me,,

bottom line is there are two questions when your team isnt that good , has new coaches and is officially rebuilding,,

#1 - what reasonable record, as a fan, under favorable events, would you HOPE to see,,and

#2 - what record do you REALISTICALLY think they will get.

i will say to #1 - sure,, 11-5,,

for #2 I will say 5-11..

doesnt make me less a fan,,thats a silly statement,, very silly and pollyanna

ah what can i say... i am a pollyanna :mrgreen: once i have said to myself that they are going 5-11... they might as well. i need to be optomistic from the get go.. that is just the way i am...

always looking on the bright side of life!

:cheergal:

ah what can i say... i am a pollyanna :mrgreen: once i have said to myself that they are going 5-11... they might as well. i need to be optomistic from the get go.. that is just the way i am...

always looking on the bright side of life!

:cheergal:

again, i thoink thats your #1 prediction,, which i am in same page,, I however cant belive its your #2 prediction,, just cant see that as a realistic prediction,,

again, i thoink thats your #1 prediction,, which i am in same page,, I however cant belive its your #2 prediction,, just cant see that as a realistic prediction,,

my point is.. i dont make a realistic prediction... too depressing especially after fridays game.. LOL... i will stay in my own little fantasy world! :baby:

my point is.. i dont make a realistic prediction... too depressing especially after fridays game.. LOL... i will stay in my own little fantasy world! :baby:

well i guess thats why you are a world renowned lyricist,, creative types like the fantasy world ;)

• 3 months later...
7-9, with 3 of those wins in December. This team will get better as the year goes on, but the offense is just too much from hunger. Think Clemens will be the QB when those wins come. This is harsh, but as good a man as he is, Pennington isn't an NFL QB with that weak arm. You cannot win anything thorwing 2-5 yard passes all day. It doesn't work; too much can go wrong. You're asking your offense to excecute 10+ plays just to get near the endzone, and every play is another possibility of things going wrong. Above all, he doesn't protect the ball enough.

Now, you may not throw a post every other down, but the inability of Pennginton to throw deep makes the Jets very easy to defend. Think of it like Testaverde in reverse-when Vinny threw INTs in his prime, they were always upfield, almost punts. When it goes bad for Pennington, there isn't much real estate or jets players between the defender and the end zone.

WRONG-AND DAMN HAPPY ABOUT IT.

Archived