2006 Jets Prediction Thread

SouthernJet

I'm still sticking with 9-7.

i said the same thing months back...

after seein CHAD throw last night with the O-line......6-10

i hope im wrong.....

until i see Shotty open up the offence more..we're done..enough of this conservative crap

4-12

They will squeak out a couple of wins, I could easily see them going anywhere between 1-15 to 4-12 but no higher.

The lack of a true NT will kill the otherwise decent defense. They also lack a pass rush. The lack of any kind of talent with their QBs will keep the opposing defense crowded on the line and blitzing heavily. I kind of feel sorry for Chad (just a little) he is going to be killed back there this year, even though his arm strength is a huge contributing factor to the problem.

Hopefully this sets them up next year to draft an actual NFL caliber QB and maybe a NT and RB along the way that is not just a 3rd down back. I really think they dropped the ball in this years draft in just about every round, but it is early to tell. It was still probably better than any Bradway/Edwards drafts to be fair at least and it was their first draft together.

Didn't the Ravens just win a Super Bowl that way?

exactly,, and the great Giants teams under Lt were always major defensive driven,,the defense kept givin the offens the ball at midfield settin up multipl FGs, one TD and 16-10 victories

How will the Jets win 9 games when the defense and special teams score more TD's than the offense?

The Jets will get better as the season moves on, especially the offensive line. The Giants have a good team. They have an especially good front 7. Eli can still be pressured and confused but that defense is not just good but great. KC came out this week and stuck it to the Rams after looking far worse than the Jets did verse the Giants the previous week. This is just typical "the sky is falling" Jets fan talk. After the Jets beat the Titans week one - everyone will be back to predicting 12-4.

exactly,, and the great Giants teams under Lt were always major defensive driven,,the defense kept givin the offens the ball at midfield settin up multipl FGs, one TD and 16-10 victories

Too bad the Jets defense isn't that good.

Teams will rush for 150+ yards against them.

Let's see, can't score points and can't stop the run.

That's a great formula for winning games in the NFL.

Too bad the Jets defense isn't that good.

Teams will rush for 150+ yards against them.

Let's see, can't score points and can't stop the run.

That's a great formula for winning games in the NFL.

give us time,,

if belly can do it, then Eric will do it quicker and better

nice showing confidence guys :rolleyes:

why bother rooting if that is how you feel?

who wants to give me their tixs???? jeepers!

i feel bad only predicting 11 - 5

yeah tx... go ahead.. it is a softball.. tell me what a stupid woman i am and how delusional JETS fans are... :rolleyes:

nice showing confidence guys :rolleyes:

why bother rooting if that is how you feel?

who wants to give me their tixs???? jeepers!

i feel bad only predicting 11 - 5

yeah tx... go ahead.. it is a softball.. tell me what a stupid woman i am and how delusional JETS fans are... :rolleyes:

nuthin wrong with predicting 11-5, ,but its OK to predict a low win total and still root and hope they go 11-5,,, thats being realistic, thats all,, its a rebuilding process. Of course we hope they will be 11-5..

lets put it this way,, you lose your house if you are off your prediction by 2 games,,you still predicting 11-5?;)

nuthin wrong with predicting 11-5, ,but its OK to predict a low win total and still root and hope they go 11-5,,, thats being realistic, thats all,, its a rebuilding process. Of course we hope they will be 11-5..

lets put it this way,, you lose your house if you are off your prediction by 2 games,,you still predicting 11-5?;)

any given sunday! i dont think i would feel comfortable with any prediction if it meant losing my house... 4- 12? what if you win two more games.... lose your house at 6-10... but at least you will be happier because they won two more games? nah.... doesnt work for me :lol:

7-9, with 3 of those wins in December. This team will get better as the year goes on, but the offense is just too much from hunger. Think Clemens will be the QB when those wins come. This is harsh, but as good a man as he is, Pennington isn't an NFL QB with that weak arm. You cannot win anything thorwing 2-5 yard passes all day. It doesn't work; too much can go wrong. You're asking your offense to excecute 10+ plays just to get near the endzone, and every play is another possibility of things going wrong. Above all, he doesn't protect the ball enough.

Now, you may not throw a post every other down, but the inability of Pennginton to throw deep makes the Jets very easy to defend. Think of it like Testaverde in reverse-when Vinny threw INTs in his prime, they were always upfield, almost punts. When it goes bad for Pennington, there isn't much real estate or jets players between the defender and the end zone.

any given sunday! i dont think i would feel comfortable with any prediction if it meant losing my house... 4- 12? what if you win two more games.... lose your house at 6-10... but at least you will be happier because they won two more games? nah.... doesnt work for me :lol:

u totally lost me,,

bottom line is there are two questions when your team isnt that good , has new coaches and is officially rebuilding,,

#1 - what reasonable record, as a fan, under favorable events, would you HOPE to see,,and

#2 - what record do you REALISTICALLY think they will get.

i will say to #1 - sure,, 11-5,,

for #2 I will say 5-11..

doesnt make me less a fan,,thats a silly statement,, very silly and pollyanna

7-9, with 3 of those wins in December. This team will get better as the year goes on, but the offense is just too much from hunger. Think Clemens will be the QB when those wins come. This is harsh, but as good a man as he is, Pennington isn't an NFL QB with that weak arm. You cannot win anything thorwing 2-5 yard passes all day. It doesn't work; too much can go wrong. You're asking your offense to excecute 10+ plays just to get near the endzone, and every play is another possibility of things going wrong. Above all, he doesn't protect the ball enough.

Now, you may not throw a post every other down, but the inability of Pennginton to throw deep makes the Jets very easy to defend. Think of it like Testaverde in reverse-when Vinny threw INTs in his prime, they were always upfield, almost punts. When it goes bad for Pennington, there isn't much real estate or jets players between the defender and the end zone.

i say 5-11,, but i can see where 7-9 based on end of year victories is possible,, i dont see a 7-9 where there are no dec victories though

Archived