Jets Making Run For Branch

DHJF

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some will, but there are exceptions. You can't help it when making a few extra bucks is more important than winning a championship to them.

i thought the pats actually made a pretty fair offer to the guy. especially considering he still has 1 year remaining and the pats didn't have to offer anything.

i thought the pats actually made a pretty fair offer to the guy. especially considering he still has 1 year remaining and the pats didn't have to offer anything.

I agree FB-I just think that he is starting to hate those people up there and really wants out...ya know like the rest of the guys who split...rats deserting a sinking ship syndrome

How is it fair? They offered him 3 years at 18.75M. He is now getting offers of $36-39M for six. Explain to me how it is fair to underpay a guy by half and then act like you broke the bank to keep him? If you got an offer to do the same job for six times your current salary and your boss offered you three times your current salary would you say "Wow! How fair of you!" or would you clean out your desk and move to Seattle?

How is it fair? They offered him 3 years at 18.75M. He is now getting offers of $36-39M for six. Explain to me how it is fair to underpay a guy by half and then act like you broke the bank to keep him? If you got an offer to do the same job for six times your current salary and your boss offered you three times your current salary would you say "Wow! How fair of you!" or would you clean out your desk and move to Seattle?

Branch should have thought of all this when he signed his rookie contract.;)

Branch should have thought of all this when he signed his rookie contract.;)

Too late Tex. I was already riled up over that. I refuse to use the smilie.

It's true. I think a guy like Porter IIRC negotiated and signed a deal should be held to what he signed, but this rookie scale thing is BS. Anybody with the clout should hold out.

Too late Tex. I was already riled up over that. I refuse to use the smilie.

It's true. I think a guy like Porter IIRC negotiated and signed a deal should be held to what he signed, but this rookie scale thing is BS. Anybody with the clout should hold out.

Not saying I don't agree with you Dom, but just look at the facts.

How many rookies actually hold out into the start of the regular season?

I can't think of the last one to do that.

The NFL (and the teams) have rookies by the balls.

Not saying I don't agree with you Dom, but just look at the facts.

How many rookies actually hold out into the start of the regular season?

I can't think of the last one to do that.

The NFL (and the teams) have rookies by the balls.

I'm not just talking about rookies. As far as I'm concerned any player under a rookie contract has the right to holdout. The NFL has all the players by the balls, but they exploit the hell out of this rookie deal. Most rookies don't have enough clout, but later picks that make an impact really get a raw deal. Fight the power!

I'm not just talking about rookies. As far as I'm concerned any player under a rookie contract has the right to holdout. The NFL has all the players by the balls, but they exploit the hell out of this rookie deal. Most rookies don't have enough clout, but later picks that make an impact really get a raw deal. Fight the power!

There is an easy fix to this.

All rookie contracts should be for 2 years.

After 2 years, the good ones get the big bucks and the others will fall by the wayside.

Never happen though.

the 6 years 36M is a farce. nobody is going to pay him that kind of $. that contract is probably similar to the 3 for $18M but with a higher signing bonus.

a 6-year $36M contract that includes a huge roster bonus (similar to law last year with the jets) is a joke. branch should have taken what NE was offering or instead just played out his rookie deal and been a FA at the end of the year. i think he is getting bad advice from his agent.

Archived