Jets Making Run For Branch

DHJF

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The toe injury is made up? Says who? You?

If so, then why the hell is Coles not nearly as fast as he used to be?

Who says Coles still has this injury?You?I do believe Coles injured his toe in 03 but he's made a full recovery.The talk of a career threating injury was all talk from skin fans who at the time were trying to make themselves feel better for (at the time)getting burned.Just like how Santana Moss is too small and Jason Ferguson release is no biggy because he benifitedfrom playing beside Robertson.

Coles has lost a bit of speed but that's down to getting older and the beatings he took,he was never as fast as advertised.People have this misconception that Coles was faser than Santana Moss because according to message boards, he runs a "4.2" and he has a 99 for speed in Madden.Think about,Coles never routinly beat his man deep when he played for us in his firt stint,he could get a step in front but not the type of player you cheat a safety over too.Most of his plays downfield involved him making a sharp cut or just out musciling the player for the ball.

I don't know that much about Branch,i know he's a good route runner and is explosive,but how well does he streach the field?Most of the plays i remember him making are on crossing routes and come back route.The exact same type of thing Coles excels at.

Whats delusional is how moronic pats fans overrate a 5'9 WR with average speed and not one 1000 yard season under his belt.

That's your problem, you look at all of the things that are meaningless. Height for a WR is the most overrated attribute EVER!! Take a look at his routes, there isn't a WR in the entire AFC East that runs as good of routes as Branch. Take a look at his combine numbers with his 10 yd. burst which is about as important as it gets for a WR.

That's your problem, you look at all of the things that are meaningless. Height for a WR is the most overrated attribute EVER!! Take a look at his routes, there isn't a WR in the entire AFC East that runs as good of routes as Branch. Take a look at his combine numbers with his 10 yd. burst which is about as important as it gets for a WR.

If he was such a great route runner he would have at least one 1000 yard season. Period. And he's not as fast as the small WR's that are having success now such as Smith and Moss.

And don't forget he has hands like glue.

I can't even remember the last time he dropped a pass.

Stats mean EVERYTHING...remember that?

How does that apply to this? Because Randy Moss is good, that somehow means what? That you went out and found an extreme example?

It is very well known that it takes most rookie receivers three years to get comfortable in the NFL. The third season is the explosion season.

Coles has had 1200 yards TWICE and once with PATRICK RAMSEY as his QB. He's so much better then branch i have no idea why anyone is arguing this.

because they're trolls and as soon as he's gone will try and make us believe they knew all along that he sucked-2 weeks ago though they argued for 10 pages how he was rated in the top 5 of all NFL WRs

If he was such a great route runner he would have at least one 1000 yard season. Period. And he's not as fast as the small WR's that are having success now such as Smith and Moss.

WTF does 1,000 yards have to do with anything?

Do you even watch the Pats offense the last 4 years?

Brady is hitting 8-10 DIFFERENT receivers a game.

No WR would have 1,000 yards in that kind of offense.

How does that apply to this? Because Randy Moss is good, that somehow means what? That you went out and found an extreme example?

It is very well known that it takes most rookie receivers three years to get comfortable in the NFL. The third season is the explosion season.

no his was the first name I thought of and it immeditately debunked your argument

Coles has had 1200 yards TWICE and once with PATRICK RAMSEY as his QB. He's so much better then branch i have no idea why anyone is arguing this.

NEWSFLASH: THE PATRIOTS SPREAD THE ****ING BALL AROUND!!!!!

The fact that he's never had a 1,000 yard season has more to do with the offense he is in than his (lack of) ability.

WTF does 1,000 yards have to do with anything?

Do you even watch the Pats offense the last 4 years?

Brady is hitting 8-10 DIFFERENT receivers a game.

No WR would have 1,000 yards in that kind of offense.

that just shows even more how average branch is. If he was a true no 1 WR he would have at least one 80 catch or 1000 yard season. He's just a role player like he was in the patsy offense.

no his was the first name I thought of and it immeditately debunked your argument

It didn't debunk anything.

Look up the ****ing stats for every big name receiver you want to look up. Of course there are extreme examples of it going the other way. Larry Fitzgerald is the same way as Moss. Oh, no, sticking my foot in my mouth there! :rolleyes:

The Seahawks and the Jets have agreed to terms with Deion Branch on seperate contract offers.

Now comes the hard part: Trade compensation. Seattle would make a lot more sense because they are outside the division. Profootballtalk.com reports the Patriots would receive a second-round pick and a "pretty good" player in return. Boston.com reports of Seattle's involvement. It would be interesting to see if Seattle would send a receiver back. Sep. 1 - 11:58 am et

Source: Profootballtalk.com

that just shows even more how average branch is. If he was a true no 1 WR he would have at least one 80 catch or 1000 yard season. He's just a role player like he was in the patsy offense.

Branch's stats last year: 78 receptions for 998 yards.

Damn, those 2 catches and 2 yards will really screw him in his negotiations.:character42:

Bingo! The Redskins won a Superbowl with undersized WRs nicknamed "The Smurfs".

It didn't debunk anything.

Look up the ****ing stats for every big name receiver you want to look up. Of course there are extreme examples of it going the other way. Larry Fitzgerald is the same way as Moss. Oh, no, sticking my foot in my mouth there! :rolleyes:

how about this one bro-go fuuck yourself and FIND them yourself I'm through with you

NEWSFLASH: THE PATRIOTS SPREAD THE ****ING BALL AROUND!!!!!

The fact that he's never had a 1,000 yard season has more to do with the offense he is in than his (lack of) ability.

Does anybody remember when Troy Brown put up 1000 yards during the pats 1st superbowl season?

Big difference.

In 2001 Brady was handcuffed by BB and CW and never went downfield.

Now the long ball is used multiple times a game.

I know,just joking with you.But you have to admit the pats did run a lot of screens last year.If there was a way of checking i would be sure that they would of lead the league.

Archived