Jets Making Run For Branch

DHJF

Spending a dime on any receiver with Chad throwing the football is wasting money. If you argue that Chad won't be throwing for us next year or after Clemens gets his chops down - wait to see what can be done with what we have.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listening to WEEI Boston sports radio:

A #2 and player who could be: Coles or Hobson. Yup, Coles. Don't shoot me. That's what the radio heads are saying. Something about his contract being less that it is now because the Jest would have to pay his bonus?

BTW 24, I wouldn't have given a box of donuts for Bledsoe. The chances of him winning a SB are ZERO.

This stuff is kind of fun, no?

Sounds like a joke. No reason to trade Coles AND a pick for Branch. Not enough upside. I wouldn't give up Hobson either, I like Hobson on the strong side, but I think a little more highly of TE coverage than others and I don't have a real feel for what Mangini thinks about him. Something tells me that is what the Pat sports radio fans are looking for once the "#2 and a player" was leaked. I'm not so sure I'd just give up a #2 + $6Mil per for him.

just like the hall of fame safety Dexter Jackson right? what a COMPLETE MORON you are.

Dexter Jackson is a playmaker.

A better example would have been Larry Brown, but considering you were about 2 years old when that Super Bowl was played, I don't expect you to remember it.

You know what? The worst thing that happened to the Pats was having Branch named the SB MVP. He wasn't, imo. That honor should have gone to Rodney Harrison or Tedy Bruschi. Anyone that saw the game should feel the same. Anyway, that made Branch OVERVALUE himself. That said, he is still the Pats best receiver - by far.....until 4:00pm today anyway. ;)

You know what? The worst thing that happened to the Pats was having Branch named the SB MVP. He wasn't, imo. That honor should have gone to Rodney Harrison or Tedy Bruschi. Anyone that saw the game should feel the same. Anyway, that made Branch OVERVALUE himself. That said, he is still the Pats best receiver - by far.....until 4:00pm today anyway. ;)

If he really got offers from the Jets and Seahawks then he isn't "overvalue"-ing himself. The Pats don't want to pay market price.

you know something I really don't even WANT this guy as a Jet-how bout dat? I would rather see what kind of an impact Cotchery JMac Coles Smith and Dwight can make with some QB stability-I think this is a ploy bottom line -I think we have NO interest in really taking this player-it feels wrong...I say pass...

Coles is far better than Branch and its not really that close.

Branch is a nice receiver, but Coles has shown throughout his career he is better than Branch. A 2nd rd pick for Branch? Are you kidding me? I would never do that. Never.

And he would not be the #1 on the Jets. Coles would still be #1, because he is better. The pats spread the ball around which is true, but that also has to do with Branch not being a true #1. If Chad Johnson was on the pats he'd be putting up equal or better #s than what he's doing with their respective teams.

Branch is not a #1 WR. And wow, he was SB MVP. I guess he's better than Randy Moss, Torry Holt and Chad Johnson. You guys crack me up.

This would be a bad move.

Coles is a number one? My ass. You have very low criteria for a number one receiver if you consider him to be one. I guarantee you there is no one on Earth not wearing a pair of green goggles that considers him a number one. He had ONE great season. That's it. Since then, he has been a number 2 receiver.

I am not saying Branch is a number one. He isn't. But he IS better than Coles. Stats do not prove everything. Remember against KC last year when Coles dropped two touchdown passes? Some number one receiver there. Branch rarely ever drops the ball. He's more reliable than Coles and has more speed as well.

One great season? I'm going to go with 2. He had better numbers the year before his Pro Bowl sesaon in Washington in 03 when he was with us in 02. He also didn't have a shabby performance in 04 with 950. He hasn't had a Tom Brady to deliever him the ball either. He's a #1. Period.

1. Coles is better than Branch.

2. Branch isn't worth a #2 and player.

3. Branch isn't even worth a #2.

4. Offer a #4, take it or leave it Pats.

I agree with this 100%.

Branch would totally suck on the Jets. He'd put up #s no better than Jmac had in 04.

This is officially the end of Branch's run with the Patriots. Oh yeah and he won't play a game this season because the Patriots aren't going to let him off this easy. Good luck getting $36 million after your greed a$$ didn't honor your existing contract and sat out a whole year.

wait a minute? doesnt he have a signed contract?

why isnt he honoring it until it expires, like a honorable man, not a turd.

If he stunk it up last year would he expect the team to say we want to renogotitate and pay you less..

Dont want the dishonest turd in our bowl

If he stunk it up last year would he expect the team to say we want to renogotitate and pay you less..

Yes, he is in fact still under contract for this season. This is Terry Glenn all over again. The good news is I believe we won a super bowl that season. :)

In 5 seasons as a professional football player, Laveranues Coles has TWENTY-FIVE touchdown receptions.

And he is a NUMBER ONE RECIEVER? Get real.

In four seasons as a professional football player Deion Branch has fourteen touchdown receptions. Think he'll pick up that extra eleven if he's traded to the Jets? How about if he holds out?

Turd my ass. He signed a contract that was based upon the BS standards that the NFL forces down player's throats. The NFL is a monopoly and they call the shots. They are stuck with BS scale rookie deals that they have to live with that last longer than the average football players career. F' the Pats front office. F' all the FOs, they are just sticking it to the players the way they always have. They can't handle their own business so they need a salary cap. Those SOBs have a license to print money, but I'm supposed to feel bad when a player won't act "honorably?" This is America, it's supposed to be a free market. Don't forget, these guys have to pay for their entire families for their lifetime and beyong based upon money they earn during a 3-10 year career. Damn right he should demand to renegotiate.

theres no way he's sit out...he'll get fined big time...

I don't think he's going to sit out by choice. He'll try to come back in week 10 and to his surprise he'll be told his services won't be required for the rest of the season.

Alk you missed your calling. You should be working in PR.

You can spin anything in a positive Patriot light.

What am I spinning? The man is under contract. What leg do they possibly have to stand on. It's freakin' hysterical is what it is.

Seems like just yesterday when Pats fans would tell us how players would jump through hoops and take less money just to stay with or play for BB.

Some will, but there are exceptions. You can't help it when making a few extra bucks is more important than winning a championship to them.

I don't think he's going to sit out by choice. He'll try to come back in week 10 and to his surprise he'll be told his services won't be required for the rest of the season.

but they'll still have to pay him for the six weeks, as long as he is ready, willing and able to comply with the contract. In fact I bet he can get away with just being willing.

but they'll still have to pay him for the six weeks, as long as he is ready, willing and able to comply with the contract. In fact I bet he can get away with just being willing.

yep, exactly. they can tell him to leave but he will still get paid for those weeks and will still get credit for the season.

I thought contracts in the NFL aren't guaranteed.

What if the Pats just cut his greedy @ss and not pay him anything?

Archived